The National Championship is just around the corner, and we have a terrific group of players who are preparing to represent their casinos to take home the title crown.
Austin, Texas (PRWEB) September 22, 2014
Multimedia Games (Nasdaq:MGAM) is hosting the National TournEvent of Champions in collaboration with casinos across the country to crown the nation’s best slot tournament player. The final in-casino qualifier event was held September 13th, and now all 123 qualifiers will face off in Las Vegas on October 1, 2014. The finals will be held at the XS Nightclub inside the Wynn Las Vegas. The winner will be crowned the National Champion and walk away with $200,000 and the national champion’s ring.
The first 77 qualifiers were announced in July and August. The final group of qualifiers includes:
- Beverly Andrews, Morehead, Iowa, WinnaVegas Casino
- Julie Barker, Elko, Nevada, Gold Dust West Elko
- Fredrick Bedoya, Jacksonville, Ark., Oaklawn Park Racing & Gaming
- Donald Bennis, Memphis, Tenn., Southland Park Gaming & Racing
- James Betterley, Pellston, Mich., Odawa Casino
- Brigitte Biggs, Carmichael, Calif., Thunder Valley Casino Resort
- Nathan Black, Charleston, Tenn., Harrah’s Cherokee Casino
- Lawrence Bull, Fort Totten, ND, Spirit Lake Casino
- Lidia Burgos Dorame, Calexico, Calif., Golden Acorn Casino
- Henry Cabagua, Albuquerque, NM, Santa Ana Star Casino
- Gary Carlson, Iron Mountain, Mich., Island Resort Casino
- Maryanna Cosio, Tacoma, Wash., BJ’s Bingo
- Brittany Curtis, Hermansville, Mich., Island Resort Casino
- Rhonda Davison, Renton, Wash., Snoqualmie Casino
- Purez Dudas, San Diego, Calif., Sycuan Casino
- Garth Freeman, Pigeon Forge, Tenn., Harrah’s Cherokee Casino
- Dolores Garcia, Tucson, Ariz., Desert Diamond Casino & Hotel
- Basilio Hernandez, Miami, Fla., Calder Casino & Race Course
- Levon Horton, Frisco City, Ala., Wind Creek Casino Atmore
- Laslo Kazinczi, Carson City, Nevada, Gold Dust West Carson City
- Alan Kruszka, Thornton, Iowa, Grand Casino Hinckley
- David Lamoureux, Marshall, Mich., Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Jeffery Markham, Gladstone, Mich., Ojibwa Casino
- Betty Marshburn, Phoenix, Ariz., Harrah’s AK-Chin Casino
- Kathryn Masonholder, Mount Vernon, Wash., Swinomish Casino & Lodge
- Kathryn McDonald, Kirkland, Wash., Snoqualmie Casino
- Timothy Mogilka, Pembroke Pines, Fla., Calder Casino & Race Course
- John Mojica, Onama, Minn., Grand Casino Mille Lacs
- Thomas Naganashe, Harbor Springs, Mich., Odawa Casino
- Anthony Nieto, Albuquerque, NM, Buffalo Thunder Resort & Casino
- Rose Marie Paquette, Skandia, Mich., Ojibwa Casino
- Joe Penn, Jr., Bartonville, Texas, Wynn Las Vegas
- Linda Plott, Tallassee, Ala., Wind Creek Casino Wetumpka
- Janet Porco, Spokane, Wash., Northern Quest Resort & Casino
- Linda Price, West Memphis, Ark., Southland Park Gaming & Racing
- Margie Rice, Chico, Calif., Colusa Casino Resort
- Gary Robison, Santee, Calif., Barona Resort & Casino
- Devan Russell, Garryowen, Montana, 4 Bears Casino & Lodge
- Magdi Sefain, Placerville, Calif., Red Hawk Casino
- Dale Sessions, Granbury, Texas, Station Casinos
- Leland Timmerman, Norfolk, Neb., WinnaVegas Casino
- Clark Tinsley, Reno, Nev., Gold Dust West Reno
- Wayne Underwood, Renton, Wash., Snoqualmie Casino
- Timothy Yarbrough, Pass Christian, Miss., Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Biloxi
- Shanne LaVern Yaw, Lake Stevens, Wash., Angel of the Winds Casino
- Joleen Younger, Arlington, Wash., Angel of the Winds Casino
“It’s been an exciting summer of qualifying,” said Multimedia Games CEO Patrick Ramsey. “The National Championship is just around the corner, and we have a terrific group of players who are preparing to represent their casinos to take home the title crown."
The National TournEvent of Champions takes slot tournaments to a whole new level. Two TournEvent of Champions buses crisscrossed the country from April-September and through 22 states, with more than 250,000 players competing for the chance to represent their casino in Las Vegas. Casinos hosted slot leagues, semi-finals and then in-casino finals to find the top player to represent them at the National Championship.
Of the 123 qualifiers, there are 62 women and 61 men. They range in age from 21-92 and cover a wide spectrum of backgrounds — from real estate agents to entrepreneurs, and military veterans to government workers. Many of the qualifiers are enjoying the golden years of retirement, and two even hail from the Great White North, Canada.
National TournEvent of Champions began in 2012 with regional competitions in California and Washington. The event crowned its first national champion in 2013 after 88 players from 77 casinos competed in the finals at Lagasse’s Stadium at The Palazzo in Las Vegas. The 2014 event is even bigger with 123 players from 103 casinos and a total purse of $500,000 — double the 2013 purse. The National TournEvent of Champions tour buses are sponsored by Strictly Slots, APSM Systems, Effinet, Bensussen Deutsch & Associates, e-gads!, Andover Audio, Quixant, Sequel Data Systems, Unistar-Sparco Computers, Sunkist Graphics and VSR Industries.
About Multimedia Games Holding Company, Inc.
Through its wholly owned subsidiary, Multimedia Games, Inc., Multimedia Games Holding Company, Inc. ("Multimedia Games") develops and distributes gaming technology. The company is a creator and supplier of comprehensive systems, content and electronic gaming units for Native American and commercial casinos. Revenue is derived from gaming units in operation on revenue-sharing arrangements as well as from the sale of gaming units and systems that feature proprietary game content and game themes licensed from others. Multimedia Games also supplies the central determinant system for the video lottery terminals ("VLTs") installed at racetracks in the State of New York. The company was recently listed as one of Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies of 2014. Please visit http://www.multimediagames.com, twitter.com/MultimediaGames or facebook.com/MultimediaGames, where Multimedia Games discloses important information about the company, its sales, and its business.
About the National TournEvent of Champions
The National TournEvent of Champions is a collaboration between Multimedia Games and top casinos across the country to bring unprecedented competition, intensity and glory to the casino floor through a national slot tournament, crowning the only Slot Tournament National Champion. The first National TournEvent of Champions took place in 2013 with 88 players, representing 77 casinos competing for the national title and $100,000 grand prize. The 2014 National TournEvent of Champions finals will host 123 players, representing 103 casinos for a chance at $500,000 in total prize money, including a National Champion’s share of $200,000.