There have been too many tragic endings of stories about texting and driving, I created this app to make a difference by reducing distractions and possible accidents.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) September 23, 2014
September 23, 2014 -- Ready To View, Inc. , a software company that focuses on building practical solutions, today announced the launch of Drive Guardian, a mobile application designed to provide a safer driving experience for teens and employees by restricting general functionality of phones while in motion. The software is compatible with the Android Operating System and is available for download on Google Play for a one-time fee of $2.99.
The following statistics related to driving while texting are just some of the stories that led to the creation of Drive Guardian.
1. 1,600,000 accidents per year – National Safety Council
2. 330,000 injuries per year – Harvard Center for Risk Analysis Study
3. 11 teen deaths EVERY DAY – Ins. Institute for Hwy Safety Fatality Facts
4. Nearly 25% of ALL car accidents
5. About 6 times more likely to cause an accident than driving intoxicated
6. The same as driving after 4 beers – National Hwy Transportation Safety Admin.
7. The number one driving distraction reported by teen drivers
8. Makes you 23X more likely to crash – National Hwy Transportation Safety Admin.
9. Is the same as driving blind for 5 seconds at a time – VA. Tech Transportation Institute
10. Takes place by 800,000 drivers at any given time across the country
11. Slows your brake reaction speed by 18% – HumanFactors & Ergonomics Society
12. Leads to a 400% increase with eyes off the road
“There have been too many tragic endings of stories about texting and driving,” said Raffi Saroyan, creator of Drive Guardian and founder of Ready to View, Inc. “I created this app to make a difference by reducing distractions and possible accidents.” Raffi designed the app for parents to have the ability to restrict their teens and for employers to have the ability to restrict their employees from using their phones while driving. The app only allows the user to select from a handful of contacts or to call the country specific emergency number, e.g.; 9-1-1. is eager to make this important app available to parents, guardians, and employers who want to provide a safer driving experience for their children or employees. The app is also offered to Auto Insurance and Transportation companies who wish to integrate it in their existing infrastructure.
While there are many related apps on the market, Drive Guardian is unique because it is restrictive, very easy to use and comes without unnecessary bells and whistles.
Drive Guardian depends on the restriction set by an Administrator. The Administrator (Parent, Employer or Responsible Party) can set the Activation Speed, block the option to uninstall the app, and can enable or disable it. Once installed, Drive Guardian will limit functionality of the device when a pre-defined amount of motion, labeled Activation Speed is detected. When the Activation Speed is reached, the phone will display the block screen of Drive Guardian, which is intended to block almost all functionality on the device.
About Ready To View, Inc.: RTV is a full-service information systems consulting firm based in Los Angeles, CA. Founded in 1999, specializes in providing managed services as well as web and software application development.