Austin, Texas (PRWEB) September 24, 2014
Multimedia Games (Nasdaq:MGAM) will kick-start its 2014 National TournEvent of Champions with the TournEvent for Charity™ event on October 1, 2014 at the XS Nightclub in The Wynn Las Vegas. The event will serve as pregame excitement and entertainment ahead of the National TournEvent of Champions, and will benefit the selected charities of 10 well-known celebrities and local and industry media representatives.
On behalf of the TournEvent for Charity players, Multimedia Games will contribute $20,000 to charities selected by each of the players. The event is scheduled to include the following participants:
- Jake Clark, US Army veteran and founder of Save A Warrior, (playing on behalf of Save A Warrior).
- Terry Fator, star of The VOICE of Entertainment at The Mirage Las Vegas (playing on behalf of The Twilight Brigade and Heaven Can Wait Animal Society).
- JC Fernandez, KMXB Mix 94.1 radio (playing on behalf of Shine Family Foundation).
- Glenn Fine, publisher of Casino Player and Strictly Slots (playing on behalf of University of Nevada – Las Vegas scholarships).
- Beth Fisher, anchor of Good Morning Las Vegas – KTNV 13 (playing on behalf of Operation Fire H.E.A.T.).
- Rick Harrison, reality television personalities on Pawn Stars (playing on behalf of Epilepsy Foundation of Nevada and Clark County Museum Guild).
- Robin Leach, TV host most known for his work on Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous (playing on behalf of Keep Memory Alive).
- Frank Legato, editor of Casino Connection and Global Gaming Business (playing on behalf of American Cancer Society).
- Carrot Top, stand-up comedian (playing on behalf of Ronald McDonald House).
- Jaymes Vaughan, musician and entertainer for Chippendales, and Amazing Race contestant (playing on behalf of Give Kids The World).
“Adding TournEvent for Charity is a great way to build excitement for the National Championship,” said Multimedia Games CEO Patrick Ramsey. “The players will get to experience the excitement and intensity of the competition, and the outstanding lineup of charities that they’re playing for all come away winners."
After the TournEvent for Charity event, the National TournEvent of Champions will take center stage at the XS Nightclub where 123 players representing 103 casinos from across the country will be competing for their share of the $500,000 purse.
About Multimedia Games Holding Company, Inc.
Through its wholly owned subsidiary, Multimedia Games, Inc., Multimedia Games Holding Company, Inc. ("Multimedia Games") develops and distributes gaming technology. The company is a creator and supplier of comprehensive systems, content and electronic gaming units for Native American and commercial casinos. Revenue is derived from gaming units in operation on revenue-sharing arrangements as well as from the sale of gaming units and systems that feature proprietary game content and game themes licensed from others. Multimedia Games also supplies the central determinant system for the video lottery terminals ("VLTs") installed at racetracks in the State of New York. The company was recently listed as one of Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies of 2014. Please visit http://www.multimediagames.com, twitter.com/MultimediaGames or facebook.com/MultimediaGames, where Multimedia Games discloses important information about the company, its sales, and its business.
About the National TournEvent of Champions
The National TournEvent of Champions is a collaboration between Multimedia Games and top casinos across the country to bring unprecedented competition, intensity and glory to the casino floor through a national slot tournament, crowning the only Slot Tournament National Champion. The first National TournEvent of Champions took place in 2013 with 88 players, representing 77 casinos competing for the national title and $100,000 grand prize. The 2014 National TournEvent of Champions finals will host 123 players, representing 103 casinos for a chance at $500,000 in total prize money, including a National Champion’s share of $200,000.