Frankfurt am Main, Germany (PRWEB UK) 25 September 2014
Styrolution, the global leader in styrenics, will be attending Fakuma 2014, a premier international plastics processing trade fair in Friedrichshafen, Germany. Focusing on the innovative potential of its transparent specialties portfolio, Styrolution’s activities and participation will be highlighted through the theme of “Clarity. Performance. Endless Possibilities.”
What: Transparent styrenic specialties continue to emerge as a disruptive technology with the potential to shape the future of transparent applications across a wide range of industries. At Fakuma, Styrolution will illustrate how its transparent specialities, as well as its rich portfolio of opaque specialties, are enabling new innovations in the automotive, healthcare, electronics, household, construction, and packaging industries. These innovations empower customers to realize new applications, create processing efficiencies, address evolving industry trends and better meet their end-consumers’ expectations for aesthetically brilliant and perfectly functional products. Visitors can experience the following applications first-hand during a visit to Styrolution’s booth at Fakuma:
- AxoTrack Vascular Access System by Soma Access Systems, made from Zylar®, is a virtual needle technology for the healthcare industry that offers real-time needle tracking throughout an entire procedure. Zylar offers customers like Soma Access Systems a unique combination of toughness, clarity, superior processability and easy flowability.
- Microspec chose Styroflex® 2G66 for the development of its white medical tubes consisting of nine lumens which act as stabilizers for filter elements. Styroflex is a thermoplastic elastomer that is ideally suited to medical tubing applications, offering transparency, thermal stability, elasticity, excellent processability and can be sterilized.
- Polyoptics employed NAS® for the development of a completely new technology – a light guide tool with a laser machined surface. NAS is ideal for applications, such as light guides, that require water-clear transparency, high thermal stability, mechanical strength, high stiffness, as well as superior processability and flow properties.
- A life-saving HPV sampler from Delphi Bioscience for the detection of numerous illnesses, including cervical cancer, made from Novodur® HD 15, an easily processable specialty ABS grade with well-balanced mechanical properties and excellent chemical and stress cracking resistance.
- The tailor-made, translucent and colored scuff plate for the Audi S line created with Luran® 348 Q, an easy-flow SAN grade suitable for moldings with very thin walls or an adverse flow length to wall ratio.
- The EZ Trocar by Hakko, which allows medical professionals to introduce surgical instruments into the chest cavity, abdominal cavity and body access port for low invasive operations, uses Terlux® HD 2822. This grade offers a well-balanced combination of stiffness and toughness and the high transparency.
- Plastmo gutter system that employs Luran S 767KE to give the system a high-gloss appearance that is resistant to the deleterious effects of weather. Luran S 767KE is particularly suitable for co-extrusion with PVC at lower temperatures and also provides a glossy surface finish.
When: October 14-18, 2014
Where: Messe Friedrichshafen, Hall B4, Booth B4-4107, Friedrichshafen, Germany
Kevin McQuade, President EMEA, Styrolution: “Every day our styrenics specialties unlock new possibilities and enable innovative application breakthroughs for customers across an array of industries. We are excited and proud to participate in Fakuma and engage others with the “Clarity. Performance. Endless Possibilities” that are inherent in our transparent styrenics portfolio. Through collaborative innovation with our customers, a dedication to global supply security and a focus on the continual enhancement of these transformative materials, we will continue to optimize and advance this disruptive and impactful material solution.”
Styrolution is the leading, global styrenics supplier with a focus on styrene monomer, polystyrene, ABS Standard and styrenic specialties. With world-class production facilities and more than 80 years of experience, Styrolution helps its customers succeed by offering the best possible solution, designed to give them a competitive edge in their markets. The company provides styrenic applications for many everyday products across a broad range of industries, including automotive, electronics, household, construction, healthcare, toys/sports/leisure, and packaging. In 2013, sales were at 5.8 billion euros, resulting in an EBITDA before special items of 442 million euros. Styrolution employs approximately 3,200 people and operates 17 production sites in ten countries.