“Some of these names, like Ava, are already in the top 10, while Alyssa Milano’s daughter, Elizabella, has the most unique name on the list, with only seven people in the country sharing it.”
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) September 25, 2014
Stars are always starting new trends, and the names they choose for their children are no exception. In honor of some of 2014’s latest A-list infants, Whitepages, the leading provider of contact information for people and businesses in the U.S., today revealed the popularity of 20 names in the country shared with this year’s celebrity offspring. Scarlett Johansson’s daughter Rose is this list’s blockbuster, with 399,967 people in the U.S. sharing the name – with the most residing in the appropriately nicknamed Garden State, New Jersey.
What’s In a Name?
Data from Whitepages highlights the top name trends that are in vogue in 2014:
- Old Hollywood: Scarlett Johansson, Olivia Wilde, and Emily Blunt all chose names for their children that peaked in popularity before the 1920s – Rose, Otis, and Hazel, respectively.
- 12 And Under: Over 90% of people named Jaxon (Kristin Cavallari’s son), Alijah (Kendra Wilkinson’s daughter), Lyric (Soleil Moon Frye’s son), and Ava (Stacy Keibler’s daughter), are under the age of 12, showing that these famous tots will be in good company in their school years.
- Uniquely Unisex: River and Frankie, the names of Kelly Clarkson and Drew Barrymore’s daughters, are increasing in popularity from their primarily male origins. Females named Frankie (33%) are rapidly catching up to their male counterparts (67%).
“Much like Prince George, whose name has increased in popularity since his birth last year, we expect that many of these names may also see a surge in popularity in the years to come,” says Liz Powell, culture and trend expert from Whitepages. “Some of these names, like Ava, are already in the top 10, while Alyssa Milano’s daughter, Elizabella, has the most unique name on the list, with only seven people in the country sharing it.”
The Whitepages list also breaks down the states where the most people with these names are living. Interestingly enough, Kerry Washington, star of the political thriller Scandal, named her daughter Isabelle – a name most popular in Washington, D.C.!
Top 20 Names Shared with 2014 Celebrity Babies
1. Rose (Scarlett Johansson): 399,967; NJ has the most
2. Harper (Jenna Fischer): 172,123; WV has the most
3. Oliver (Ginnifer Goodwin): 156,415; AL has the most
4. Hazel (Emily Blunt): 114,866; MS has the most
5. Frankie (Drew Barrymore): 55,904; MS has the most
6. Summer (Christina Aguilera): 49,770; OK has the most
7. Booker (Thandie Newton): 48,752; MS has the most
8. Otis (Olivia Wilde): 43,862; MS has the most
9. Ava (Stacy Keibler) : 23,404; MS has the most
10. Isabelle (Kerry Washington): 22,564; DC has the most
11. Royal (Lil’ Kim): 20,788; NC has the most
12. Vale (Savannah Guthrie): 1,798; VT has the most
13. River (Kelly Clarkson): 1,499; WY has the most
14. Apollo (Gwen Stefani): 924; HI has the most
15. Lyric (Soleil Moon Frye): 781; WY has the most
16. Jaxon (Kristin Cavallari): 546; ID has the most
17. Alijah (Kendra Wilkinson): 200; VT has the most
18. Meilani (Jenni "JWoww" Farley): 162; HI has the most
19. Bodhi (Megan Fox): 148; ME has the most
20. Elizabella (Alyssa Milano): 7; HI has the most
To learn more about name popularity in the United States, please visit: http://www.whitepages.com/.
Whitepages is the leading source for contact information in North America and is at the forefront of developing services that help people find, understand and verify personal and business identities in an ever-changing digital world. Whitepages is committed to empowering users with control, safeguarding the accuracy and authenticity of digital identities, and advancing transparency. With over 50 million unique monthly users, Whitepages offers access to more than 200 million personal identities and provides users with the ability to control their own. Whitepages also operates Whitepages PRO, an API and web-based service, which helps businesses verify the identities of their customers. To learn more, visit http://www.whitepages.com.