(PRWEB) September 26, 2014
According to lawsuits filed in federal courts in New York, Florida, and Vermont within the last three months, family members of individuals who took the blood thinner drug Xarelto have filed wrongful death lawsuits, claiming that Xarelto allegedly caused irreversible and life-threatening bleeding. In the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York (Case 1:14-cv-04841-FB-VMS), a lawsuit filed on Aug. 14 asserts that the anticoagulant drug Xarelto allegedly caused fatal and irreversible bleeding.
Another Xarelto lawsuit filed on June 23 in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida (Case 0:14-cv-61448-JAL) alleges that the blood thinner drug caused a fatal, subdural hemorrhage. A lawsuit filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Vermont (Case 2:14-cv-00159-cr) on July 25 by the family of a deceased individual who used Xeralto alleges that the drug caused life-threatening, irreversible bleeding, which allegedly cumulated in his premature death.
“These wrongful death lawsuits make serious allegations about popular blood thinner drug Xeralto. In response to these and other legal actions, our team of injury attorneys are conducting a vigorous investigation regarding alleged Xarelto injuries and whether the drug contained adequate warnings, whether the drug’s benefits justified the risks, and other issues,” David Haynes, managing attorney of The Cochran Firm, D.C., said. “I encourage anyone who may have suffered Xarelto injuries to give The Cochran Firm a call at 1-800-THE-FIRM or contact us on the Web at http://www.cochranfirmdc.com. We are investigating claims nationwide from individuals who took Xarelto and family members of individuals who died after taking Xarelto.”
Product liability and injury attorneys with The Cochran Firm, D.C. have launched an investigation into bleeding injuries alleged to be associated with the blood thinner Xarelto (rivaroxaban). The law firm’s attorneys are interviewing individuals who allegedly suffered severe Xarelto side effects and evaluating claims for potential compensation.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the anticoagulant Xarelto between November 2011 and November 2012 to prevent pulmonary embolisms, deep vein thrombosis, and strokes in hip and knee replacement patients and individuals suffering non-valvular atrial fibrillation. Xarelto was developed by Bayer and Johnson & Johnson’s subsidiary Janssen Pharmaceuticals. Xarelto has been marketed as a replacement for Coumadin (warfarin), which is the standard anticoagulant, because Xarelto requires less monitoring.
The three Xarelto lawsuits make many allegations against the makers of the blood thinner drug, Johnson & Johnson, Bayer, and Janssen Pharmaceuticals, including:
- Alleged negligence in failing to ensure Xarelto would not cause users allegedly unreasonable, dangerous side effects
- Manufacturing, producing, promoting, and/or designing a product allegedly unsafe, dangerous, or non-compliant with FDA regulations
- Product liability for making, testing, advertising, promoting, marketing, selling, and distributing an allegedly unreasonably dangerous drug
- Breach of warranty for allegedly representing that Xarelto is safe and does not contain numerous allegedly serious side effects
- Alleged fraudulent misrepresentation for allegedly representing that Xarelto was safe and/or effective
- Alleged fraudulent concealment for hiding Xarelto’s allegedly dangerous side effects
- Alleged negligent misrepresentation for allegedly failing to exercise ordinary care in the making, manufacturing, testing, selling, quality control, and distribution of Xarelto
- Alleged violations of consumer protection laws
- Wrongful death claims by family members of individuals who died after taking Xarelto
Due to the serious allegations raised against the makers of Xarelto, The Cochran Firm, D.C. is offering a free consultation and case review for individuals who allegedly suffered serious Xarelto side effects and family members of those who died after taking Xarelto.
About The Cochran Firm
With decades of collective legal experience, the team of seasoned attorneys at The Cochran Firm represents victims of catastrophic personal injury, medical malpractice, defective products, and class action members in the Baltimore, Maryland and Washington, D.C. metropolitan regions and nationwide. The qualified legal professionals with The Cochran Firm bring experienced, high-caliber legal expertise to ordinary citizens who have been injured by others’ careless actions. Attorneys with The Cochran Firm were selected as 2013 and 2014 Super Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, and have received top ratings from their peers, local and national publications and organizations, and clients for achieving successful verdicts and settlements for injury victims.
Consultations with The Cochran Firm, D.C.’s attorneys are confidential and carry no obligation.