New York, NY (PRWEB) September 25, 2014
Techweek, the nation’s leading technology conference and festival showcasing and enabling innovation ecosystems, will kickoff on Monday, September 29, 2014 as it enters it second year in New York.
Techweek New York 2014, presented by Yelp, is dedicated to bringing together entrepreneurs, visionaries, influencers and thought leaders under a “big tent” of remarkable collaboration and engagement. Techweek New York 2014 will culminate in its signature two-day conference and expo on October 2-3.
Techweek New York will celebrate the unique intersections across technology, including those in finance, startups, health, e-commerce, fashion, social impact, and more. It is the mission of Techweek New York to provide an open space for all who are passionate about technology to be a part of the conversation – this year, the event’s conference and expo will feature:
- High-Profile Speakers: Techweek New York will showcase influential leaders and influencers in technology who will lead conversation about trends, innovation, growth, action and change both for New York and for the tech industry as a whole. Notable names include: Alexis Ohanian, Co-founder of Reddit; Jonah Peretti, CEO of BuzzFeed; Karen Sumberg, Diversity Pod Lead at Google; Neil Vogel, CEO of About.com; Reshma Saujani, CEO and Founder of Girls Who Code; Michael Waxman, CEO of Grouper; Kathryn Minshew, CEO and Founder of The Muse; Will Porteous, General Manager and COO at RRE Ventures; and Michael Slaby, Managing Partner of Timshel. There will also be a number of exciting panels on topics that include social innovation and impact, net neutrality, inclusion in technology, FinTech, and more. A full schedule can be found at: http://www.techweek.com/schedule/newyork.
- LAUNCH Competition: Pre-qualified startups will compete for cash and sponsor-donated gifts valued at $50,000 from noon-5pm on Thursday, October 2. Each participating startup will pitch its business and will be judged by a panel of top tech and business leaders who will ultimately decide the winner of the 2014 Techweek New York LAUNCH Competition.
- Hiring Fair: Whether searching for a new, exciting role or looking to bring an idea to fruition, the Hiring Fair is all about matching talented people with the right jobs. The Hiring Fair attracts more than 25 top businesses, ranging from startups to well-established tech brands. Attendees who bring a resume will be granted complimentary access to the Hiring Fair, which will take place from 12pm – 5pm on Friday, October 3.
- Hackathon: The Techweek New York Hackathon presented by General Assembly will be a day filled with innovation and development fueled by participants’ passions for business and technology centered around a theme of daily disruption. This year’s Hackathon will feature emerging developers, designers, and entrepreneurs looking to create the next best web or mobile app. Supporting sponsors of the event include: Interoute, ChallengePost, Inbox and Uber – the event will take place at General Assembly's East Campus on Saturday, October 4 at 7:30am and concludes with an announcement of the winner at 12am on Sunday, October 5.
- FashionTECH Runway Show: The latest in wearable technology and e-commerce will bring the intersection of technology and fashion front-and-center at the FashionTECH Runway Show. The show will feature: Continuum Fashion, Cindy & Johnny, Mary Mendwz, Burkman Bros., Gilbert and Lewis, 9th & Elm, Mizzen+Main, Sock101.com, The Laser Girls, Onassis Clothing, American Retro, Nour Hammour, and more. The show will also feature technology leaders walking the catwalk in the latest styles provided by emerging brands and e-retailers. The show will be preceded by a happy hour from 7pm-8pm and will begin shortly thereafter at 82Mercer on the Summit Stage.
“We are excited to kickoff Techweek in New York as it enters its second year with the goal of strengthening and encouraging innovation and collaboration within the greater New York City community,” said Iain Shovlin, Chairman of Techweek. “Techweek New York 2014 will bring together remarkable ideas, important conversations and an incredible experience to provide a platform on which to unite those who are passionate about technology.”
Top sponsors of Techweek New York 2014 include: Yelp, American Airlines, Uber, Dell, DirecTV, T-Mobile, and Interoute.
To learn more about Techweek New York or to register, please visit http://www.techweek.com/newyork.
Techweek is a seven-day conference, expo and festival where entrepreneurs, tech visionaries and thought leaders gather together to enable the innovation ecosystem in the cities of Chicago, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami and New York. Techweek curates compelling programming that allows a global spotlight to shine on each ecosystem and its leaders. Past speakers include Rahm Emanuel (Mayor, Chicago), Travis Kalanick (CEO, Uber), Craig Newmark (Founder, Craigslist), Dan Gilbert (Founder, Quicken Loans), Peter Diamandis (Founder, X PRIZE) and Pitbull (World renowned musician). The Techweek expo has gathered more than 200 sponsors, including companies such as Google, American Airlines, Microsoft, Motorola, Redbox, Uber, Yelp and Wordpress.