“It is my great honor to become president of ISAPS following Dr. Carlos Uebel, who has done tremendous and excellent work. I will devote all of my energy for the next two years to live up to this great responsibility,” noted Dr. Takayanagi.
Rio De Janeiro (PRWEB) September 26, 2014
The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery this week announced its new president, Dr. Susumu Takayanagi, at the ISAPS Biennial Congress in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
Dr. Takayanagi has more than 20 years of experience in the aesthetic field in various capacities including professor and plastic surgeon at the Mega Clinic Department of Plastic Surgery in Japan. “It is my great honor to become president of ISAPS following Dr. Carlos Uebel, who has done tremendous and excellent work. I will devote all of my energy for the next two years to live up to this great responsibility,” noted Dr. Takayanagi.
His goals for ISAPS during his term in office are to:
- Ensure patient safety through ISAPS members – a mission that “transcends time” he explained.
- Open ISAPS doors wider to include non-plastic surgeons in the exchange of knowledge and information about aesthetic procedures.
- Maintain the high profile of ISAPS and its members as well as welcome new members.
- Modify electoral policies to reward ISAPS members who produce results in their respective leadership positions.
- Establish a pathway that gives members in even more countries an opportunity to serve as an ISAPS president.
The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS) is recognized as the leading international body of board-certified aesthetic plastic surgeons. Founded in 1970, ISAPS' mission is three-fold: continually educating ISAPS members in the latest surgical techniques, accurately informing the public, and promoting patient safety. ISAPS membership includes over 2800 of the world's best known and respected aesthetic plastic surgeons in 96 countries on every continent reflecting the true international nature of the organization. Applicants for membership in ISAPS are thoroughly screened to ensure that they have extensive training in the complete spectrum of surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures.