'Our well-known Miraca database has again been a tremendous resource for our expert GI pathologists to glean new information and to help answer important questions in the field,' said Richard Lash, MD, Chief Medical Officer for Miraca Life Sciences.
IRVING, Texas (PRWEB) September 30, 2014
Miraca Life Sciences (MLS), the nation’s largest independent anatomic pathology lab, will present eight research posters at the annual meeting of the American College of Gastroenterologists (ACG) in October. ACG will hold its Annual Scientific Meeting and Postgraduate Course in Philadelphia, Pa., on October 19–21. In the exhibit hall, staff from Miraca Life Sciences will be at booth 711 to share information and sponsor the meeting’s Clinical Case Challenge.
The research posters for ACG provide a wide range of clinically significant perspectives on GI pathology. “We are again participating actively in this important scientific meeting for gastrointestinal disease,” said Richard Lash, MD, Chief Medical Officer for Miraca Life Sciences, “and our well-known Miraca database has again been a tremendous resource for our expert GI pathologists to glean new information and to help answer important questions in the field.”
At ACG this year, MLS will present the following eight research posters:
- The Endoscopically Normal Stomach: Is it Worth a Biopsy?
- Low Prevalence of Villous Atrophy (Marsh 3) in Duodenal Biopsies from Americans of East Asian and Hispanic Ancestry
- Intestinal Metaplasia of the Inlet Patch: Clinical and Pathological Associations
- Pathogenetic Differences in the Progression of MLH1 Intact and Deficient Sessile Serrated Adenomas
- Ethnic Distribution of Microscopic Colitis
- Helicobacter Pylori Gastritis: Atypical Infections May Be Missed without the Regular Use of Special Stains
- Higher Prevalence of Celiac Disease in Patients with Microscopic Colitis: Results from a Large Pathology Database
- Subepithelial Fibrosis is a Distinctive Characteristic of Eosinophilic Esophagitis
Research presentations are part of MLS’s ongoing effort to provide clinicians and the scientific community at large with high-quality information to enhance their knowledge of GI disease. MLS enhances its pathologists’ acumen through active participation in research, including publication in peer-reviewed journals and of books and book chapters, and presentations at national/international meetings, workshops, and courses nationwide.
About Miraca Life Sciences
Miraca Life Sciences provides the highest quality anatomic pathology services, primarily in the fields of dermatology, hematology, gastroenterology and urology. The company’s team of nearly 90 academic-caliber subspecialists utilizes state-of-the-art pathology laboratories to serve more than 5,500 patients every day. Headquartered in Irving, Texas, Miraca Life Sciences continuously improves diagnostic precision through consensus-based terminology and criteria, rigorous quality assurance, daily consensus conferences, extensive educational and training activities, and close relationships with clinical partners.