This year’s annual conference is expected to be a tour de force where visionaries in the fields of government, consumer markets, music, and technology will share how they used their innate ingenuity to shift perceptions in their respective professions.
Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 29, 2014
The Organization of Pakistani Entrepreneurs of North America, DC Metropolitan area chapter (OPEN DC) will be hosting its annual conference, Agents of Growth: Inspire and Empower Entrepreneurial Excellence, at the Capital One headquarters in Tysons Corner, Virginia on October 18, 2014 from 9:30 AM to 4:00 PM. OPEN DC’s annual conference is a premiere networking event that unites motivated professionals with an inspiring lineup of successful entrepreneurs to share and learn from one another, while building lifelong relationships. The conference is anticipated to draw over 300 attendees.
Narjis Ali, President of OPEN DC, states that “everyone understands the importance of entrepreneurship in our society. OPEN DC’s annual conference is a once in a year opportunity that offers not only Pakistani Americans to come together from all over the world, but anyone interested in entrepreneurship, to celebrate innovation, accomplishments, and recognize ambassadors of growth. I encourage everyone in the community to attend as we will cover a variety of contemporary topics – from consumer markets to global diplomacy.”
This year’s annual conference is expected to be a tour de force where visionaries in the fields of government, consumer markets, music, and technology will share how they used their innate ingenuity to shift perceptions in their respective professions. The OPEN DC annual event is the largest collection of Pakistani-American entrepreneurs in the metropolitan DC area and this year will once again feature a highly accomplished set of speakers, including the following professionals:
- Adnan Durrani – Serial entrepreneur and CEO of American Halal Co, Inc.
- Farah Pandith – First-ever Representative to Muslim Communities, appointed by former Secretary of State, Hillary Rodham Clinton
- Antonio Doss – Acting District Director of the U.S. Small Business Administration's (SBA) Washington Metropolitan Area District Office
- Shahzad Malik – CEO, Master Group of Industries Pakistan
- Riaz Siddiqi – Founder and Managing Partner at Denham Capital and Member of the Investment and Valuation Committees
- Levar Stoney – Secretary of the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Adnan Ahmed – Co-founder and President of CNSI
- Kewan Khawaja – Founder and co-CEO of Techlogix
- Pernian Faheem – Fashion entrepreneur and Founder of È mio Pernia
- Puja Satiani – Chocolatier and Founder of Puja Satiani, formerly an attorney
- Taimoor Salahuddin (Mooroo) – Producer, Singer, and Songwriter
Please contact Farhan Bhaba at +1 908 279 4190 for interviews with conference speakers and to request individual biographies.
OPEN is an international non-profit organization dedicated to promoting and encouraging the growth of Pakistani-American entrepreneurs. For more information on OPEN DC and the annual conference, please visit http://www.openwashingtondc.org.