Austin, TX (PRWEB) September 30, 2014
Whitehat Virtual Technologies is a desktop virtualization specialty partner focused on healthcare. In conjunction with Dell Medical, Whitehat has added a whole section targeted at healthcare at their annual Virtualization Conference, culminated by a healthcare CIO roundtable at 3:00pm. Several prominent CIOs will be discussing the key issues today that face healthcare in IT, especially as it pertains to desktop virtualization.
The Healthcare CIO Roundtable will be comprised of, R. Todd Thomas who is the Chief Information Officer for the Austin Radiological Association MSO, LLC (ARA), George Suarez, CIO of CommuniCare Health Centers, Carol Maginn from Dell Information Management Group, and Val King, CIO for Val Verde Regional Medical Center (VVRMC) in Del Rio, TX.
TOPICS to be DISCUSSED:
- What are the top 3 issues your IT organization is dealing with?
- Is Informatics part of IT or a separate department? How have you been able to successfully coordinate these two departments to improve IT quality or improve care?
- What is Its role in your facility to help reach Meaningful Use and assist with physician adoption? What are the challenges you have faced? What has worked for you?
- Healthcare projects continue to increase while IT resources are static or being cut, how are you maintaining service levels in this environment?
- How are you handling requests from clinics/physician offices to access your electronic medical records? How are you meeting these requests while still meeting your security requirements?
- What virtualization technologies are you leveraging in your environment? Server, desktop, application virtualization? What are you doing today, what is on your roadmap?
- Where are you on the road to EMR adoption in your facilities? Have you been able to fully leverage EMR capabilities How are you achieving optimal EMR benefits?
- How are Revenue cycle management initiatives and ICD-10 requirements impacting your organization?
- Are you seeing/how are you meeting requests for deep analytics to help CEO/CFOs get a deeper analysis on the healthcare services you provide?
- What Telehealth initiatives are you seeing and how is your organization managing deployment and securing of these resources?
- How are smartphones and tablets impacting your IT strategy?
- Population health management. The move from "find it, fix it medicine" to population health management is driving the need for new applications, new data, new uses of data, and new levels of integration. Are you seeing any of these initiatives? What impact is this having on IT today?
Whitehat CEO Val King will kick-off the event at 8:00 am, with nationally recognized Citrix and desktop virtualization expert Douglas A. Brown to deliver the keynote address. Brown’s knowledge of the historical development of desktop virtualization, and his profound insight into the continually evolving direction and emerging technologies of the IT industry, helps attendees to better plot their own course and the course of their company, and to keep on top of the newest technologies in desktop virtualization and mobility. Also adding depth and interest to the event will be a guest appearance by “technology evangelist” Thomas Poppelgaard. Poppelgaard is a subject matter expert on remote graphics, where he helps companies all over the world virtualize 2D/3D graphics in the cloud.
Virtualization & Mobility EXPO 2014 Conference:
Date: October 7, 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Hosted by: Whitehat Virtual Technologies
Venue: AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center
Address: 1900 University Ave., Austin, TX 78705
Visit http://bit.ly/1we9xlT for more details on the VMXpo 2014 and for registration.
Whitehat Virtual Technologies is dedicated to exploring the latest in desktop virtualization, cloud computing, mobility solutions, and managed IT services, serving as a locus point for the virtualization industry in Texas. Whitehat is a desktop virtualization integrator, as well as a managed services provider, providing expert IT consulting services, while helping their clients to develop optimum desktop virtualization environments with the end-user in mind. A solution-oriented company, Whitehat integrates available technology to remove obstacles from the path of efficiency and productivity. Whitehat partners with the world’s leading desktop virtualization, cloud computing, and mobile technology innovators.