Colorado Springs, CO (PRWEB) September 30, 2014
The Broadmoor, the iconic, Five Star, Five Diamond resort located in Colorado Springs, CO, will host acclaimed chefs and beverage experts from around the country at the inaugural Taste & Savor epicurean weekend, March 5 – 8, 2015. This exclusive, culinary event will provide guests an opportunity to savor gourmet dishes, world-class wine and craft cocktails; attend seminars and panel discussions, and interact with culinary and viticultural leaders, all set against the backdrop of the picturesque, Rocky Mountains.
Master of Ceremonies:
- Steve Olson - Renowned, award-winning beverage consultant, teacher and lecturer; Founder of aka wine geek
- Sissy Biggers – Lifestyle expert and television host (Food Network’s Ready, Set, and Cook!, ABC’s Extreme Makeover), New York, NY
Guest Chefs from Across the Country Include:
- Greg Denton & Gabrielle Quiñónez Denton - OX, Portland, OR
- Curtis Duffy - Grace Restaurant, Chicago, IL
- Danny Trace - Brennan’s of Houston, Houston, TX
- John Sundstrom – Lark, Seattle, WA
- Hugo Ortega - Hugo’s, Houston, TX
- Shawn McClain - Sage, Las Vegas, NV
- John Cox - Post Ranch Inn, Big Sur, CA
- Jessica Koslow - SQIRL, Los Angeles, CA
- Suzanne Tracht - Jar, Los Angeles, CA
Colorado Culinary Stars Include:
- Kelly Liken –Restaurant Kelly Liken, Vail, CO
- Alex Seidel – Fruition, Mercantile Dining and Provision, Denver, CO
- Tyler Wiard - Elway’s, Denver, CO
Wine, Spirits and Beverage Experts Include:
- Tony Abou-Ganim - Mixologist and pioneering bar professional, author and National Ambassador of the U.S. Bartenders’ Guild
- Doug Frost - Master of Wine, Master Sommelier, noted wine writer and author
- Sean Kenyon – American Bartender of the Year at the Tales of the Cocktail Spirited Awards 2014
- Frédéric Drouhin – President of the Executive Board, Joseph Drouhin Wines
- Martin Riese - Water Sommelier, Ray’s & Stark Bar, Los Angeles, CA
- Christina Perozzi – The Beer Chicks Founder, Los Angeles, CA
Three-night room packages, a 25 percent discount on suite upgrades, and discounts on select retail items are available; to book and for more information, visit http://www.broadmoor.com/tasteandsavor/
The Broadmoor’s Taste & Savor is currently sponsored by Denver Life Magazine and Rent-A-Center.
About The BROADMOOR
The BROADMOOR is the longest consecutive winner of the Forbes Five Star and AAA Five Diamond awards for excellence. Situated at the gateway to the Colorado Rocky Mountains in Colorado Springs, the total resort encompasses 5,000 acres, with 800 rooms, suites and cabins, three championship golf courses, a Forbes Five Star spa, salon and fitness center, nationally recognized tennis staff and program, 26 retail boutiques and 19 restaurants, cafes and lounges including Colorado’s only Forbes Five Star restaurant, Penrose Room. The new “BROADMOOR Wilderness Experience” encompasses The Broadmoor’s Ranch at Emerald Valley and Cloud Camp, as well as Seven Falls and The BROADMOOR Fishing Camp (both opening in 2015). Colorado Springs is serviced with non-stop flights from 11 US cities via Alaska Airlines, Allegiant, American, Delta and United. With connections to worldwide destinations, Denver International Airport hosts more than 1,600 national and international flights daily.
The BROADMOOR is a member of Preferred Hotels and Resorts and Historic Hotels of America. For more information on The BROADMOOR please call 800.755.5088 or visit http://www.broadmoor.com.
Anne Alderete/Betsy Carlson