Dulles, VA (PRWEB) September 30, 2014
Unanet, a developer of services automation software that helps organizations manage people and projects for improved profitability, has announced that Burns & McDonnell, a full-service engineering, architecture, construction, environmental and consulting solutions firm headquartered in Kansas City, MO has expanded its adoption of Unanet to 7,000 users.
Burns & McDonnell’s customers are located around the globe and in a diverse number of industries including, energy, aviation, water, transportation as well as governmental agencies.
Unanet was adopted by Burns & McDonnell for the following key reasons:
- to provide daily time reporting through a secure, easy to use, application accessible via the web.
- simple report writing tools for the project management team
- detailed and itemized content for customer invoices
- matrix structure for reviewing and approving timesheets
- integration with existing financial and contract management systems
Unanet was implemented through a phased approach with appropriate time allocated for developing the validation rules, end user training and adoption. The benefits experienced by Burns & McDonnell from adopting Unanet include:
- More accurate entry of time has led to better visibility into project issues and enhanced ability to
forecast true costs to complete
- Mobile time entry, which accelerated user acceptance
- Better control over timesheet review and approval without undue administrative overhead
- Approval process through alternate approvers that is compliant with DCAA requirements
- Ad hoc reporting tools in the hands of the Project Managers
- Best practice information during the implementation process
- Leverage of existing financial and project management systems
About Burns & McDonnell:
Burns & McDonnell, headquartered in Kansas City, Mo., is a full-service engineering, architecture, construction, environmental and consulting solutions firm. Our multidisciplined staff of more than 4,500 employee-owners includes engineers, architects, construction professionals, planners, estimators, economists, technicians and scientists, representing virtually all design disciplines. We plan, design, permit, construct and manage facilities all over the world, with one mission in mind: - See more at: http://www.burnsmcd.com/Company/About-Us#sthash.QEgS4seF.dpuf
Unanet is a leading provider of Cloud or On-Premise software for project-based organizations. Unanet delivers skills management, resource planning, budgeting & forecasting, time & expense reporting, billing & revenue recognition, and project management reporting. Over 1,000 organizations rely on Unanet to maximize staff utilization, reduce administrative costs by 90%, improve invoicing by 10X, and support forward decision-making for improved operations.