Novato, Calif. (PRWEB) October 01, 2014
The Republic of Tea, leading purveyor of premium teas, unveiled a new Biodynamic® Organic Holiday Chai Tea, available exclusively at Whole Foods Market locations nationwide. The new holiday blend joins The Republic of Tea’s innovative collection of 100% Biodynamic® Teas. To receive Biodynamic certification, farms must meet the following standards: agronomic guidelines, greenhouse management, structural components, livestock guidelines, and post harvest handling and processing procedures.
The goal of Biodynamic agriculture is to create a self-sustaining farm that is minimally dependent on imported materials. By focusing on ecological and holistic practices, these farms are able to improve the soil health, water quality and biodiversity year after year. This new line of premium, organic teas is sourced from a variety of Certified Demeter® Biodynamic farms around the world that are committed to certain sustainable practices that improve the health of the farm's entire ecosystem.
The collection now includes the following Kosher Certified, USDA Organic, Gluten-Free teas:
- Biodynamic Organic Holiday Chai Tea – A rich mixture of Biodynamic chai spices is blended with red rooibos for an exotic, caffeine-free cup. Our Certified Biodynamic® farms focus on holistic, sustainable practices that improve the health of crops, land and water. Sip a cup of this spice, spiritually uplifting Non-GMO Project Verified tea and bring on the cheer. *Available exclusively at Whole Foods Market.
- Biodynamic Organic Breakfast Green Tea – Green tea leaves from Sri Lanka blended with a touch of black darjeeling steeps a fresh, light breakfast tea with sweet, floral notes.
- Biodynamic Organic Ginger Tea – This premium, 100% biodynamic ginger is grown by a collective of Certified Biodynamic® farms in central Sri Lanka.
- Biodynamic Organic Turmeric Cinnamon Tea – Premium, 100% Biodynamic turmeric and cinnamon are grown by four Certified Biodynamic® farms in central Sri Lanka that are committed to biodiversity and sustainability.
- Biodynamic Organic Darjeeling Full-Leaf Loose Black Tea - The 100% Biodynamic organic darjeeling tea comes from a multi-generational tea garden in northern India.
- Biodynamic Organic Herirloom Chamomile Tea - This premium, heirloom chamomile tea is grown on a small, 100-acre certified Biodynamic garden at the base of the Italian Alps, and is harvested at night when the essential oils are at their peak.
- Biodynamic Organic Darjeeling - The 100% Biodynamic organic darjeeling tea comes from a multi-generational tea garden in northern India.
The Republic of Tea is proud to partner with Whole Foods Market to offer the first Whole Trade® Guaranteed Organic, Biodynamic and Fair Trade certified teas. The Whole Trade Guarantee program ensures equitable prices to producers, ensures better wages and working conditions for farm workers and promotes sound environmental practices. In addition, 1% of sales are donated to Whole Planet Foundation® to help alleviate poverty in 60 countries around the globe.
The new Biodynamic Organic Holiday Chai Tea is available exclusively at Whole Foods Market.The remaining Biodynamic teas are currently available at select Whole Foods Market locations, on the company website (http://www.republicoftea.com), via mail order catalog and by calling 800.298.4TEA (4832). For more information about these teas, please visit: http://www.republicoftea.com/biodynamic-teas/c/biodynamic/.
About The Republic of Tea:
The Republic of Tea enriches people’s lives through its premium teas, education and innovation, as it emphasizes a “Sip by Sip Rather Than Gulp by Gulp” lifestyle. Founded in 1992, The Republic of Tea sparked a specialty tea revolution. Today the brand offers an unequaled selection of the highest-quality teas, herbal blends, books and nature-inspired sip ware, available exclusively at specialty retailers throughout the U.S. Further, The Republic of Tea is mindful of how its actions impact the greater community and actively supports worthy organizations like Action Against Hunger, The Ethical Tea Partnership, The Prostate Cancer Foundation, Room to Read and The Whole Planet Foundation. Certifications include Demeter USA Certified Biodynamic, Fair Trade certification, Gluten-Free certification, Non-GMO Project verification, OU Kosher certification, Rainforest Alliance certification and USDA Organic certification. For more information, please visit http://www.REPUBLICofTEA.com or call 1.800.298.4832. Follow The Republic of Tea on Twitter at twitter.com/republicoftea and Like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/RepublicofTea.