Portage, Michigan (PRWEB) October 03, 2014
NETA, The InterNational Electrical Testing Association, would like to acknowledge the following companies for successfully completing the rigorous accreditation process between September 2013 and September 2014. NETA is proud to add each one of these companies to the roster of electrical testing companies committed to meeting the ever-increasing demand for qualified testing firms and personnel. For a complete list of NETA Accredited Companies, or to find a NETA Accredited Company by geographical area, visit http://www.netaworld.org.
Accessible Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Control Power Concepts
Las Vegas, Nevada
EnerG Test, LLC
Kennett Square, Pennsylvania
Grounded Technologies, Inc.
High Voltage Service
St. Paul, MN
Longo Electrical-Mechanical, Inc.
Wharton, New Jersey
Saber Power Services, LLC
What is a NETA Accredited Company?
NETA Accredited Company (NAC) membership is tailored for third-party, independent firms involved in full-service testing, analysis, and maintenance of electrical power systems. This includes low-, medium-, and high-voltage power equipment and systems. Every NETA Accredited Company has gone through a two-fold application process that can take up to two years to complete.
NETA maintains a process that both accredits the company and certifies the company’s individual technicians. This approach works toward establishing a solid program that allows clients seeking testing services to feel confident about both the qualifications of the company as well as the credentials of the individual technician. Following accreditation, the qualifications of each NETA Accredited Company and its technicians are reviewed on a regular basis to assure continued compliance with the NETA bylaws and policies.
Those interested in specifying electrical testing for electrical power equipment and systems in accordance with ANSI/NETA standards by NETA Accredited Companies and NETA Certified Technicians should look to Section 3 of the ANSI/NETA ATS and ANSI/NETA MTS. The ANSI/NETA ATS Standard for Acceptance Testing Specifications for Electrical Power Equipment and Systems specifies the following qualifications for testing organizations and personnel:
3.1 Testing Organization
- The testing organization shall be an independent, third party entity which can function as an unbiased testing authority, professionally independent of the manufacturers, suppliers, and installers of equipment or systems being evaluated.
- The testing organization shall be regularly engaged in the testing of electrical equipment devices, installations, and systems.
- The testing organization shall use technicians who are regularly employed for testing services.
- An organization having a designation of NETA Accredited Company issued by the InterNational Electrical Testing Association meets the above criteria.
- The testing organization shall submit appropriate documentation to demonstrate that it satisfactorily complies with these requirements.
Companies interested in seeking NETA Accreditation should contact the NETA Office at 888-300-6382 or neta(at)netaworld(dot)org for more information.
NETA is an ANSI Accredited Standards Developing Organization that creates and maintains standards for electrical maintenance and acceptance testing for electrical power equipment and systems, as well as a standard that addresses the certification of electrical testing technicians. NETA is an association of leading electrical testing companies comprised of visionaries committed to advancing the industry standards for power system installation and maintenance to ensure the highest level of reliability and safety.