New York/Dubai (PRWEB) October 02, 2014
Performance Development Services (PDS), a leading training and organizational development consulting firm, today announced the details of its first ever Shifting Sands Summit, to be held in Istanbul, Turkey from November 7-9 2014. Participants can register by visiting http://www.shiftingsandsme.com.
The Summit will bring together leaders from the socio political, security, business, academic, and humanitarian communities, each with extensive on the ground experience and perspective on the Middle East, for a no holds barred discussion and Q&A about the region's future.
This timely event will address critical current matters including the shifting social and religious influence of and on governments, the role of ISIL and the military response, the world reaction, and how organizations can best prepare their people and interests in the Region.
The event will commence on Friday, November 7th with highlights including sessions by:
- Robert Baer, a widely respected Regional expert and former CIA operative who served as inspiration for the movie Syrianna. He has also authored several books including See No Evil, Sleeping With the Devil and The Devil We Know.
- Jasim Al-Azzawi, former host of Aljazeera's "Inside Iraq" program which covered the chaos and upheaval that followed the US invasion of Iraq.
On Saturday, November 8, conference highlights will include eye opening sessions on corporate and personal security concerns including kidnapping and hostage situations. The day continues with a look at academic and journalistic responsibilities in the region before concluding with a look at cross cultural business challenges and opportunities facing the Middle East.
Saturday’s speakers include:
- Alexandere Carle a security and risk management expert with deep military and humanitarian experience. He is currently Managing Director of Other Solutions Consulting (risk management services).
- Dawn Metcalfe is an experienced global business leader and author of "Managing the Matrix”. Ms. Metcalfe has lived and worked around the world and consults to leading organizations on training and cross cultural management initiatives.
- Dave Michalski a humanitarian who has worked extensively in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan before, during and after 9-11, from 2004-2012 in Somalia and throughout the region more recently in Syria, Libya, Egypt, Turkey, Bahrain and Lebanon.
- Professor Tom Collins, former president of both the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland - Medical University of Bahrain (RCSI Bahrain) and the National University of Ireland (NUI) Maynooth, Ireland.
- Robert Fisk is Beruit-based multiple award-winning journalist on the Middle East reporting from the region for four decades.
- Andrew Simmons, a senior foreign correspondent, has more than 25 years of experience in high-profile television news, and is an experienced war correspondent.
- Jonscott Turco is a management consultant and cross cultural organizational psychologist working for more than 20 years with global clientele on optimizing leadership and operating practices.
The conference will conclude on Sunday, November 9th with a more intimate roundtable and discussion.
Due to the sensitive nature of the topics discussed and security concerns, conference location will not be made public.
For a full listing of the summit's agenda and speaker list, please refer to the event website at http://www.shiftingsandsme.com.
Performance Development Services (PDS) is a Dubai based Management Consulting firm specializing in Training and Development and Cross Cultural Organizational Management. PDS works with organizations and individuals to prepare them for the challenge of change and how to achieve it. The company makes change easier and recognizes simple is not the same as easy. The challenge is not understanding, it’s doing. Information is not enough to change behavior.
PDS has built its reputation on addressing the tough questions and challenges. Clients understand long-term change requires real and continuous effort. PDS works through
training, coaching and facilitation to help individuals and organizations find this discipline and make the changes they want.
Although every project is unique and our solutions are tailor-made in ongoing consultation with each client, five things are true for every engagement we work on and we believe that these are what lead to success:
FOR INFORMATION CONTACT:
+971 56 178 9822 UAE and GCC