Winners will be selected from among the finalists and officially recognized at the 2014 Excalibur Awards ceremony on October 24, 2014 at the Georgia Aquarium
Atlanta, Georgia. (PRWEB) October 02, 2014
The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG), the state’s leading association dedicated to the promotion and economic advancement of Georgia’s technology industry, today announced the Finalists for the 2014 Excalibur Awards.
The Annual Excalibur Awards celebrates Georgia companies and organizations that demonstrate the best use of technology, typically provided by a third-party, to solve complex issues and processes in business and education. Tech-enabled companies that develop their own non-commercial technology solutions to enhance their organization are also considered for the awards which are presented by TAG in collaboration with the Business and Technology Alliance of TAG (B&TA). Platinum Sponsors for the event includes ASAP Solutions Group, Jabian Consulting, and Primus Software Corporation.
This year’s Excalibur Awards Finalists were selected in 5 categories:
- American Cancer Society: Utilized tech as part of its Relay Nation initiative to share fundraising ideas, compare notes, and discuss the challenges that each person faces in meeting their goals.
- Emory University, Business Practice Improvement: Emory’s university strategic consulting unit, Business Practice Improvement (BPI), developed a unique, simple, and elegant solution to facilitate grant review and reconciliation.
- State Board of Pardons and Paroles: Leveraged technology to reduce the workload of the parole officer, redirect resources to focus on higher risk/higher needs offenders, and to improve accurate communication between parolees and their officers.
- A-Tow: A fleet management solution allows supervisors to see, in real time, where all drivers are and how they’re driving, making for a significantly better dispatch experience and reduction in excessive idling while helping keep the drivers on task, on time and safe.
- Happy Belly Curbside Kitchen: Implemented the NCR Silver mobile point-of-sale (POS) to help grow its “farm to street” business. The rollout across its four trucks has provided Happy Belly with advanced mobile POS functionality, such as sales tracking and inventory management.
- NanoLumens: Implemented marketing automation software to enhance CRM activities such as B2B marketing and lead management, and to track engaging campaigns and marketing workflows across marketing channels.
- Atlanta Braves: Leveraged app that provides fans with access to a variety of exclusive opportunities including seat upgrades as well as personalized experiences. These options solve a key need of leveraging technology to enhance the fan’s in-game experience.
- ECI Group: Initiated a pilot for four residential properties utilizing a new profit optimization system and compared the results against their existing system.
- InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG): Developed an online environmental sustainability management system to measure, manage and report on the environmental impacts of IHG hotels as well as drive environmental impact reduction.
- Manheim: Introduced a Change Data Capture (CDC) product that monitors changes happening on all auctions AS400’s and translate them to business events using third party messaging product.
- The Weather Company: Employed an advanced service oriented architecture (SOA) approach to the big data space in the architecture, design and development of the SUN platform. TWC is able to abstract and reuse historically standalone, tightlycoupled products to services enabling maximum reusability and global scalability for all distribution channels across the enterprise.
MOST CREATIVE SOLUTION
- Novelis, Inc.:The Novelis Research and Technology team partnered with the Novelis Greensboro, GA casting facility to invent an automated sensory apparatus that would sense a head cavity developing inside the cast and trigger the holding furnace to top off an ingot with small amounts of molten metal to fill the cavity
- FoodFinderGA, Inc: A non-profit that leverages a mobile-native website that aggregates food resources.
- The Coca-Cola Company: a digital, mobile-optimized initiative that invited soccer fans around the world to share their photos to create a giant “Happiness Flag," the largest ever, digitally-produced Photomosaic(R) flag at the opening match of the FIFA World Cup.
Winners will be selected from among the finalists and officially recognized at the 2014 Excalibur Awards ceremony on October 24, 2014 at the Georgia Aquarium located at 225 Baker St NW, in Downtown Atlanta.
“We are truly pleased to honor the recipients of the 2014 Excalibur Awards,” said Tino Mantella, president & CEO of TAG. “This year’s competition was fierce, as we had our largest and best group of entrees since our event’s origin, eight years ago. We believe celebrating these tech-enabled companies and organizations strengthens our message of Georgia’s emerging position as a national leader in technology.”
Corporate Tickets for the 2014 Excalibur Awards are still available for companies interested in attending the event.
To learn more visit: http://www.tagonline.org/events/excalibur-awards/.
About The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG)
The Technology Association of Georgia (TAG) is the leading technology industry association in the state, serving more than 24,000 members and hosting over 200 events each year. TAG serves as an umbrella organization for 34 industry societies, each of which provides rich content for TAG constituents. TAG’s mission is to educate, promote, and unite Georgia’s technology community to foster an innovative and connected marketplace that stimulates and enhances a tech-based economy. For more information visit the TAG website at http://www.tagonline.org or TAG’s community website at http://www.TAGthink.com.