Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 07, 2014
To eliminate the tremendous backlog of appeals for Medicare claims denied because of allegedly inappropriate patient status, CMS has asked acute care and critical access hospitals to either (1) continue their appeals for Part A Medicare payment denials based on inpatient admissions that should have been outpatient/observation services (which are likely to take years to resolve), or (2) receive a timely payment from CMS equivalent to 68% of the net payable amount. “The 68% Offer From CMS: Should Hospitals Continue Their Medicare Appeals or Accept a Buyout From CMS?” an Oct. 16 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), will outline the pros and cons of each strategy as the end-of-October deadline approaches.
Experienced Medicare audit and appeals attorneys Jessica Gustafson and Abby Pendleton, co-founding partners of The Health Law Partners, P.C., will provide 60 minutes of expert presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions. They will answer questions such as:
- Exactly what is involved in the CMS settlement offer?
- What is the current appeals backlog? To what extent might it be reduced if/when a substantial number of hospitals take the 68% offer?
- What assumptions should be factored in regarding a hospital’s past record of success on appeals?
- How should hospitals weigh lost revenue if they accept the offer versus the time value of money if they go through the appeals process?
- How much staff time and resources are likely to be consumed by each of the two options?
- How does CMS expect copays and deductibles to be handled if hospitals accept its offer?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4c38_101614 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.