This recognition across many of our disciplines continues to illustrate the exceptional dedication and achievements of our lawyers and we are able to offer our clients a local client focused service with nationally recognised excellence.
London, United Kingdom (PRWEB UK) 7 October 2014
Following the release of the 2014 edition of Legal 500 UK Directory Awards, Duncan Lewis Solicitors are pleased to announce that they have been recognised as a top-tier firm for their immigration human rights work in Wales, have received Legal 500 rankings in 7 of the firm’s key practice areas throughout London and 8 of the company’s solicitors have been recommended for their excellence. For nearly 30 years the Legal 500 has been a worldwide client’s guide to the best law firms and lawyers, which analyses the capabilities of law firms worldwide with a comprehensive research programme heavily focused on peer and client feedback.
Duncan Lewis has been recommended as a leading law firm for its work in Family & Matrimonial matters; Crime; White-Collar Fraud; Business Immigration; Human Rights Immigration; Social Housing and Public law immigration & civil liberties judicial review challenges. Within these departments, 8 of the firm’s lawyers have received individual recommendations are: Vinita Templeton (Immigration Human Rights); Adam Tear (Immigration Human Rights); James Packer (Immigration Human Rights; Public Law), Toufique Hossain (Immigration Human Rights & Public Law), Vicash Ramkissoon (Business Immigration) Aina Khan (Family & Matrimonial); Hardeep Dhaliwal (Fraud – white collar crime) and Subbiah Sivapunniyam (Social Housing).
Practice Director Jason Bruce added: “We are very pleased with these results. This recognition across many of our disciplines continues to illustrate the exceptional dedication and achievements of our lawyers and the fact that as a national law firm we are able to offer our clients, wherever based, a local client focused service with nationally recognised excellence”.
What Legal 500 UK 2014 edition had to say about Duncan Lewis Solicitors:
· Immigration (Wales), first-tier firm: Specialist immigration firm Duncan Lewis Solicitors opened a Cardiff office in 2013, and is ‘effective and successful'. Solicitor Vinita Templeton is ‘committed to the plight of those most vulnerable'.
· Immigration (London): The ‘very good' Duncan Lewis Solicitors is valued for its ‘commitment' to clients, especially in human rights, where it is currently advising on a deprivation of British citizenship case in the Court of Appeal. On the business side, the firm has advised on several Tier 2 visas. Vicash Ramkissoon is ‘exceptional', and Adam Tear and James Packer are recommended. Toufique Hossain, who was promoted to the partnership in 2013, is ‘very committed to his clients'.
· Public Law (London): Duncan Lewis Solicitors has a depth of experience advising claimants in immigration and civil liberties judicial review challenges. James Packer and solicitor Toufique Hossain are key names.
· Fraud: white-collar crime (London): Praised for his ‘great client care', Hardeep Dhaliwal leads the team at Duncan Lewis Solicitors, which recently acted in a £1m computer scam bank fraud case.
· Family & Matrimonial (London): Duncan Lewis Solicitors has acted in some 44 reported cases in the past 12 months across all jurisdictions. Aina Khan is a name to note.
· Social housing: tenant (London): Duncan Lewis Solicitors is the largest supplier of legal aid services to social tenants in England and Wales. Subbiah Sivapunniyam heads the 17-strong housing practice, which covers London and the M25 and combines a significant court presence with the ability to provide advice by telephone and online.
About Duncan Lewis
Duncan Lewis, established in 1998, is the largest civil legal aid practice in the UK and one of the country's fastest growing firms of solicitors, serving both corporate entities and private individuals from offices across London and throughout the UK. A recommended leading law firm by Law Society Lexcel and Legal 500, Duncan Lewis represents over 22,000 clients per year, employs over 500 members of staff and was the first law firm in the UK to achieve the Investors in People Gold Quality Standard Mark in 2009. Established areas of law are: business immigration, child care, civil liberties, clinical negligence, community care, crime and fraud, dispute resolution, debt and insolvency, employment, family and divorce, housing, asylum and immigration, litigation, mental health, personal injury, prison law, professional negligence, public law and administrative law, regulatory matters and welfare benefits.