Attendees will get in-depth reviews of the most recent accounting/ financial reporting developments.
Denton, Texas (PRWEB) October 08, 2014
The Accounting and Financial Reporting Update is returning to Dallas, and Ken Robertson (of conference host, Professional Development Institute) says attendees will get in-depth reviews of the most recent accounting/financial reporting developments.
This leading industry conference, scheduled October 31, features speakers from the FASB, the accounting industry, and corporate America. Participants interact with business and accounting professionals, policy makers and others in the private sector. The program includes topics relevant to financial executives, accountants, owners/managers of business organizations, CPAs, financial analysts, attorneys and others interested in accounting and financial reporting issues.
The event, hosted by the Professional Development Institute and the University of North Texas College of Business, will be held at the Westin Galleria. Attendee registration fees are $350. For detailed information or to register, visit conferences.pdi.org, or call 800.433.5676.
This year’s slate of speakers includes:
- FASB/IASB Update, featuring James J. Leisenring, Senior Advisor, FASB, and Former Board member, FASB and IASB
- Affordable Care Act – Compliance/Implementation Issues, featuring Tom Watson, CPA, FHFMA, Managing Partner, Dallas-Waco, BKD LLP
- SEC Enforcement – A New Sheriff in Town, featuring Bill Brown, Partner-in-Charge of Forensics & Litigation Services, Weaver & Tidwell, L.L.P; Carolyn Bremer, CPA, Senior Manager, Weaver & Tidwell, L.L.P.; and Toby Galloway, Partner, Kelly Hart & Hallman, LLP
- Tax Legislation Landscape after the Elections, featuring Gary Gasper, CPA, Ernst & Young Washington Council
- Climb and Pull: Lessons from the Ladder of Life, featuring Anne Motsenbocker, President of South Region Middle Market Banking, Chase
- Texas State and Local Tax Updates, featuring Hunter Bywaters III, Director of State Income and Franchise Tax, Dallas/Ryan, and Gwendolyn Evans, Manager, Dallas/Ryan, and David Colmenero, Partner, Meadows, Collier, Reed, Cousins, Crouch & Ungerman, L.L.P.
- IT Security Risk, featuring Israel Martinez, President & CEO, Axon Global Services
- COSO Update – What’s all the Fuss About Review and Monitoring Control, featuring Bill Schneider, CPA, CGMA, Director of Accounting over Corporate Accounting Policy and Executive Compensation Accounting, AT&T
- Lease Accounting Update and Implementation Issues, featuring Alvin Wade, National Managing Partner of Grant Thornton’s Construction, Real Estate, Hospitality and Restaurants Practice
- Big Data and Analytics – Generating Business Value, featuring Kevin Everhart, Director, KPMG
- Upcoming Standard Implementation – Revenue Recognition and Financial Instruments, featuring Reto Micheluzzi, Partner, PwC’s Transaction Services
About The Professional Development Institute
The Professional Development Institute (PDI), located at the University of North Texas, is a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit education corporation that provides versatile, innovative, cost-effective training programs to professionals worldwide. PDI is recognized as the world’s leading provider of oil and gas accounting education as well as training programs for virtually all professional services areas. Hundreds of companies and more than a half-million people have teamed up with PDI for training solutions over the past 35 years.