(PRWEB) October 07, 2014
WHAT: Global Student Entrepreneur Awards
The Los Angeles Chapter of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO LA) is proud to be participating in LA Innovation Week with the GSEA (Global Student Entrepreneur Awards) regional competition and keynote event on October 10th at the USC Annenberg School of Communications featuring keynote speaker Jeff Stibel, Chairman & CEO, Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp. and author of NYT bestseller “Breakpoint”.
Finalists in Los Angeles proceed to the GSEA Nationals in Chicago November 19-20 and then on to the finals in April in Washington D.C. where they will compete for $10,000 cash, up to $150,000 in Services donated from the EO Membership, connections into the exclusive EO network, and, of course, bragging rights.
The Entrepreneurs’ Organization’s Global Student Entrepreneur Awards (GSEA) is the premier global competition for student entrepreneurs who actively run a business. EO GSEA nominees compete in qualifying competitions for the chance to advance to the Global Finals, held on 15-17 April 2015 in Washington, DC, USA. With more than 1,700 competitors from more than 20 countries, EO GSEA is an exclusive opportunity for student entrepreneurs to make connections, find resources, and grow their businesses.
WHEN: Friday, October 10, 3PM
WHERE: USC Annenberg School of Communication
The Entrepreneurs' Organization (EO) is a global business network of 10,000+ leading entrepreneurs in more than 142 chapters and 46 countries. Founded in 1987 by a group of young entrepreneurs, EO enables business owners to learn from each other, leading to greater business success and an enriched personal life.
EO educates, transforms, inspires and offers invaluable resources in the form of global events, leadership-development programs, an online entrepreneur forum and executive education opportunities, among other offerings designed for personal and professional growth.
- 3:00 First Panel Consumer internet, social media, games
- 3:30 First & Second Startup Pitches (Judged by EO - 5 Min pitches & 10 min questions)
- 4:00 Second Panel Digital health, Health Data, Devices
- 4:30 Third & Fourth Startup Pitches (Judged by EO - 5 Min pitches & 10 min questions)
- 5:00 Third Panel Wearables, Internet of things, Hardware
- 5:30 Fifth & Sixth Startup Pitches (Judged by EO - 5 Min pitches & 10 min questions)
- 6:00 Keynote Speaker: Jeff Stibel, Chairman & CEO, Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp. and author of NYT bestseller Breakpoint
- 6:45 USC Startup Showcase Wraps
- 7:00 Networking Mixer @ The Lab, Morton & Fig or Tradies
PR Contact: Jeff Smith (EO LA Learning Co-Chair): jsmith(at)js2comm(dot)com, 310/880-1422