San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) October 08, 2014
The leaves are changing, the apples are being picked, the pumpkins are being carved, and – it’s National Pizza month. October ushers in a number of fun fall traditions but the yummiest among them is a national celebration of pizza. The team at Viator.com, the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide, is highlighting a selection of pizza-perfect insider experiences in the US and Europe to turn any trip into an insider’s gastronomic adventure.
This culinary classic may have its roots in Europe, but destinations across the U.S. including Chicago, New York and Boston feature some of the best pizza you can find anywhere. Viator has a selection of tours that take to the local streets to find the best pizza eats, while adding in some surprises like karaoke and Paul Revere!
- The Chicago Pizza Walking Tour explores three of the Windy City’s best pizzerias including Pizzeria Uno - where the deep-dish pizza was invented.
- The Chicago Pizza and Beer Tour combines pizza, beer (or wine) and a Karaoke party bus! Visit four pizza shops in Chicago’s south loop by way of your small-group mini-bus to sample local favorites like coal-oven style and Polish pizza.
- It’s a local treat trifecta that pairs pizza, hotdogs and cupcakes with beer and a bike tour. The Tastes of Chicago Bike Tour explores the tastes but also the sights with visits to Wrigleyville, the Gold Coast, Old Town, Lakeview and Lincoln Park with a local guide.
- With so much great pizza, travelers choose from three local neighborhoods (Little Italy, Greenwich Village or SoHo) during the Pizza Walking Tour of Manhattan. Meet the owners, taste the pizza and explore the city with a pizza aficionado and expert guide.
- Combine an historical walking tour with the best pizza and beer in the neighborhood during the Greenwich Village Beatniks Beer and Pizza tour. Walk in the footsteps of F. Scott Fitzgerald while noshing on pizza and visiting legendary watering holes like The Whitehorse Tavern.
- If the First Lady were your guide, she’d be taking you to Grimaldi’s for her favorite slice during New York Pizza Tour to Brooklyn and Coney Island which also includes the famous L&B Spumoni Gardens with skip the line privileges!
- Savor a slice cooked in an oven built in 1883 at Boston’s oldest pizzeria during the North End Pizza Tour. See the city’s oldest neighborhoods and visit historic sites along the Freedom Trail like the house of Paul Revere while enjoying three local top pizzerias.
- Raise a pint to the spirits of Samuel Adams, Paul Revere and George Washington as you relive more than 375 years of tavern history, and, sample three of the best pizzas in town during the Boston Pizza and Taverns Tour.
Back to Pizza’s Roots: Europe
When visiting the birthplace of pizza, travelers will have ample opportunity for indulging but also for learning and exploration with cooking classes, Limoncello tasting and a beautiful twilight canal cruise.
- Not only will you taste some of the best pizza in the world but your kids will be making it during the Kids Pizza Cooking Class in Rome. They’ll don the apron, measure, mix, knead and roll, and create authentic pizza before sitting down to savor the fruits of their labor.
- With the help of a master, learn to make two Italian culinary delights during the Florence Cooking Class: Learn How to Make Gelato and Pizza. The new cooking skills will be the best souvenir you take home from your trip to Italy.
- Bring a big appetite and go behind the scenes of a family-owned farm, cheese factory and pizza restaurant and enjoy hands-on demonstrations and tastings during the Sorrento Farm Experience Including Tastings Pizza Making and Limoncello.
- Discover the best family-run bakeries, popular pizzerias and real locals’ favorites complemented by a visit to the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore during the Rome Pizza Walking Tour.
- Sail along the iconic and stunning canals at twilight on a family friendly adventure complete with delicious local pizza on the Amsterdam Canals Pizza Cruise.
For more information on Viator’s tours and activities worldwide – as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news – visit http://www.viator.com or follow Viator on Facebook (ViatorTours) and Twitter (ViatorTravel).
Viator, a TripAdvisor company, is the leading global tours and activities provider for travellers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,500 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 600,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveller needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site – Viator.com – travellers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App, as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travellers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 3,000 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.