“This sales model is hard to find and in high demand,” says Mitchell Davis, founder and Chief Business Officer of BiblioLabs.
Charleston, SC (PRWEB) October 09, 2014
In advance of the 2014 Frankfurt Book Fair, BiblioBoard® announces more publishers added to their PatronsFirst™ mobile platform. BiblioBoard is constantly adding publishers to their platform, which now offers tens of thousands of pieces of content. Patrons can enjoy the content with multi-user access on the web or on award-winning native devices, all without user limits.
Launched just 18 months ago, BiblioBoard Library already serves 15 million patrons and is accessible in over 2,000 public, academic and K-12 libraries worldwide. The platform of choice for three statewide eBook projects, BiblioBoard continues to provide libraries of all types and sizes with the tools they need to serve patrons on the web and on mobile devices.
Many libraries choose BiblioBoard because it offers affordable pricing for publisher content, which can be purchased as an annual subscription or as a perpetual sale. “This sales model is hard to find and in high demand,” says Mitchell Davis, founder and Chief Business Officer of BiblioLabs. “Libraries have limited budgets and limitless goals for digital content. The publishers we work with understand that helping libraries helps their publishing house, and they are already seeing the benefit of adopting this innovative digital strategy.”
Some of the publishers recently signed on to distribute on BiblioBoard include:
- Adult: Various genres are available from Andrews UK in addition to romance and erotica from Steam Books and Jupiter Gardens Press.
- Children’s: Educational content from Rourke Educational Media is available in Spanish and English in addition to bilingual volumes.
- Christian: Barbour Publishing provides over 1,500 books about all things Christian, from prayers and devotionals to historical, military, romance and inspirational fiction.
- Culture: Books about cultures from all over the world are now available. Australian culture is imbued in the fiction, nonfiction and poetry from Hunter Publishers; China Books informs readers about Chinese culture and history; and African Books Collective celebrates African culture and literature. In North America, Quattro Books and Key Publishing House offer novellas and more about Canada, and Rio Grande Books and American Traveler Press offer regional nonfiction about Southwestern American life, including Native American and Hispanic cultures.
- Fantasy/Sci-Fi: Serialized fantasy fiction from Noah Lukeman Literary and books by bestselling authors like Kurt Vonnegut, M.C. Beaton, Arthur C. Clarke and Harold Robbins from RosettaBooks create a robust fantasy/sci-fi offering.
- Graphic Novels: UK graphic novel publisher Markosia Enterprises joins Bluewater Productions, eigoMANGA, Alterna Comics and more in the graphic novel catalog.
- Mystery and Suspense: Hundreds of books that will keep readers on the edge of their seats have been added to BiblioBoard from Poisoned Pen Press, a publisher of historical and contemporary crime fiction, and from Caffeine Nights, known for their mysteries.
- Nonfiction: The nonfiction collection has expanded to include more military content from Vij Media, Indian publisher of military defense volumes, and Vietnam War images from Tim Page. Loving Healing Press provides personal development and mental health books. Additionally, one of the world’s leading providers of medicine, nursing, allied health and pharmacy resources, Wolters Kluwer Health, is offering nearly 200 pieces of content.
BiblioBoard is the PatronsFirst mobile library. The folks behind BiblioBoard are a powerful team based in Charleston, SC. They aim to transform access to information by providing a world-class user experience that thrills library patrons and is profitable for publishers. BiblioBoard is moving library content delivery into the future in a sustainable way. BiblioBoard, used by over 2,000 libraries and in three statewide eBook projects, reaches 15 million patrons. BiblioLabs is also a proud member of the Charleston Digital Corridor. To learn more, visit http://www.biblioboard.com.
Carolyn Morris, Vice President Digital Products