Visage’s innovative engineers have further optimized how incoming studies are processed by Visage 7, to now support tens of millions of annual studies, accommodating even the world’s largest healthcare organizations.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) October 08, 2014
Visage Imaging Inc. (“Visage”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Pro Medicus Ltd. (ASX: PME), announced today the latest release of the Visage 7 Enterprise Imaging Platform, offering substantial enhancements in scalability, clinical features, integration, workflow and quality assurance capabilities. With this new release, Visage 7 has further extended its support for large scale enterprise imaging volumes with a technology forward architecture that sets a new standard for scalability. Visage 7 enables enterprise imaging with amazingly fast, thin-client, server-side processing technology, as well as simple mobile access to imaging results via Visage Ease(SM).
Visage 7 has always had differentiated ability to support millions of annual imaging studies based on an underlying architecture driven by server-side processing. With Visage 7.1.6, Visage’s innovative engineers have further optimized how incoming studies are processed by Visage 7, to now support tens of millions of annual studies, accommodating even the world’s largest healthcare organizations. Unlike legacy approaches that are limited servicing large institutions with isolated clusters of PACS servers, Visage 7 offers customers the choice of centralized, distributed or hybrid deployment solutions, regardless of the size of the institution, all without performance degradation. Given the current state of the US healthcare system, health system consolidation is anticipated to continue for the foreseeable future with 87% of institutions considering alignment as part of their strategic plans(1). Until now, these consolidated systems have been forced to manage multiple heterogenous PACS environments at significant expense, and severe limitations to patient care. With Visage 7, these massive organizations can be served with a single, ultrafast, multi-dimensional viewer for all users.
“Customer needs drove our talented development team to deliver even more out of Visage 7,“ explained Malte Westerhoff, PhD, Co-founder and Visage Imaging CTO. “Deconstructed PACS has provided the marketplace the execution strategy to move forward with enterprise imaging and Visage 7 is the enabler. Visage 7 not only scales to the imaging volume of the largest health systems, but it also adeptly and confidently supports our customer’s integration, workflow and clinical needs.”
In addition to unparalleled scalability, Visage 7 now offers many new features and enhancements, including the following spotlighted capabilities:
- Multi-tabbed Epic EHR integration. A single point of imaging access for interpreting radiologists and referring physicians, Visage 7 is launched via an intelligent API to the Epic EHR. Visage 7 supports concurrent tabbed sessions, with tight bi-directional integration to the Epic EHR and secure single-sign on for internal and external users.
- Breast imaging. Digital mammography studies are now displayed with automated vertical chest wall alignment. Interpretation workflow has also been enhanced with new overview workup and current/prior stack-scrolling layouts.
- Study loading. Visage 7 has introduced a new workflow and usability feature beneficial for interpretation of cases with dozens of prior studies, and particularly, cases with multiple relevant prior studies. In addition to automatically displaying the most recent relevant priors across the display real estate based on Auto-Prior Rules, Visage 7 now allows users to automatically load additional historical relevant priors into the viewer, but not hang them in the viewports. If the radiologist wishes to view additional priors deemed relevant for the interpretation, without any delay they can immediately drag-and-drop the stud(ies) from the series image thumbnail browser into the active viewports. Another simple drag-and-drop from the thumbnail browser will return the original prior to the active viewports.
- Display protocols and layouts. In addition to supporting display protocols and layouts that are applied across the entire display real estate, studies may now be flexibly viewed in Visage 7 with individual protocols and layouts per display. This functionality allows maximum flexibility and modality hanging specificity, particularly for viewing sophisticated multi-modality and comparison presentations.
To learn more about how Visage is pioneering Deconstructed PACS(SM) and to experience the robust capabilities of Visage 7 firsthand, please schedule a demonstration and join Visage at the upcoming ACR Imaging Informatics Summit, October 29-30, Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, DC.
*Visage Ease is not a medical device and must not be used for diagnosis.
(1) Stafford presentation that contains data from: Media Intelligence, M&A: Hospitals Take Hold, January 2012
About Visage Imaging, Inc.
Visage Imaging is a global provider of enterprise imaging and advanced visualization solutions for diagnostic imaging. Visage 7 delivers amazingly fast server-side rendered images streamed via an intelligent thin-client viewer. Radiologists and referring physicians have a customized, protocol-driven workflow to natively view multi-dimensional imagery across a single desktop. Powerful imaging solutions include enterprise viewing and interpretation; image enablement of EMRs, VNAs, HIEs and portals; RIS/PACS, as well as anywhere mobile access. http://www.visageimaging.com
About Pro Medicus Limited
Pro Medicus Limited [ASX: PME] is Australia’s leading medical IT and e-health provider. Founded in 1983, the company provides a full range of integrated software products and services to hospital, imaging centers and health care groups worldwide. http://www.promedicus.com
Brad Levin, General Manager, North America and Vice President, Global Marketing
Visage Imaging, Inc./ Pro Medicus Limited
Phone: (540) 454-9670
Visage, Visage Imaging, Visage Ease and Deconstructed PACS are registered trademarks and service marks of Pro Medicus Limited. Other product and company names mentioned may be trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective holders.