Kansas City, Mo. (PRWEB) October 13, 2014
The Kauffman Foundation today announced the field of competitors selected to battle it out for the title of most promising North American startup has been narrowed to 15 semifinalists. The next round of the inaugural “Get in the Ring: The North American Startup Clash” now brings together five semifinalists from Canada, five from Mexico and five from the United States—face-to-face—to ultimately determine who will compete for the world title.
The 15 North American semifinalists are:
- Advolve Media; Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada)
- Atlantia Search; Mexico City (Mexico)
- Briteseed; Chicago (United States)
- ContratosApp; Mexico City (Mexico)
- FitBark; Kansas City, Mo. (United States)
- Hydrobee; Seattle (United States)
- Identified Technologies; Pittsburgh (United States)
- Maieutic; Oakville, Ontario (Canada)
- Petsy.mx; Colonia Roma, Cuauhtémoc (Mexico)
- Pplconnect; Montreal (Canada)
- RocketJourney; Monterrey (Mexico)
- The Rumie Initiative; Toronto (Canada)
- ShopIndigenous.ca; Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (Canada)
- Spot On Sciences; Austin, Texas (United States)
- Torre Médica Metropolitana; Colonia Condesa (Mexico)
Visit http://www.kauffman.org/GITR for a description of each semifinalist.
Hosted by the Kauffman Foundation, the culmination of the North American competition will be held Nov. 6-7 in Kansas City, Mo. On Nov. 6, the semifinalists will pitch their startups to an esteemed panel of judges, who will narrow the field to eight finalists. The final eight will vie for the championship title at an exciting livestreamed event at the historic Midland Theatre in Kansas City on Nov. 7. All 15 semifinalists will receive educational presentation coaching, national and international exposure, and networking opportunities with leading entrepreneurship experts.
The North American winner will then travel expense-paid to Rotterdam, the Netherlands, to compete against the best startups in the world. Winners from seven global regions (North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Northern Europe and Southern Europe) will compete for a chance at prizes, exposure and the opportunity for angel funding. The global Get in the Ring finals will be held on Nov. 21 and is one of the signature events of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Event sponsors for Get in the Ring: The North American Startup Clash are Sprint and Combat Brands; media partners are Inc., Marketplace from American Public Media and Kansas City PBS station KCPT.
The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation is a private, nonpartisan foundation that aims to foster economic independence by advancing educational achievement and entrepreneurial success. Founded by late entrepreneur and philanthropist Ewing Marion Kauffman, the Foundation is based in Kansas City, Mo., and has approximately $2 billion in assets. For more information, visit http://www.kauffman.org, and follow the Foundation on http://www.twitter.com/kauffmanfdn and http://www.facebook.com/kauffmanfdn.