ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results
Alexandria, Virginia (PRWEB) October 16, 2014
The ERG & Council Honors Award™ is part of the annual ERG & Council Conference presented by diversity and inclusion training and consulting firm PRISM International, Inc., and its practice group the Association of ERGs & Councils. “ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results," said Linda Stokes, President and CEO of PRISM. "They need opportunities to improve and grow by learning and sharing best practices, gaining important insights, knowledge and skills to increase their impact and effectiveness. They also need to be recognized and awarded for the contribution and results. This is the purpose behind the annual Conference and Honors Award.”
In its sixth year, the prestigious ERG & Council Honors Award™ recognizes and awards the outstanding contributions and achievements of U.S. ERGs and Diversity Councils that lead organizational diversity processes and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Philip Berry, Executive Director of the Association and last night’s co-master of ceremonies stated, “This year’s award recipients included sixteen first time and nine returning applicant groups. Four of this year’s twenty five recipients have been on the TOP 25 list since the Award's origin in 2009.” Award recipients included a diverse combination of corporations and federal government representing many sectors, geographies and sizes.
The 2014 ERG & Council Honors Award™ recipients (by rank):
1. Pittsburgh African American EBRG - The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
2. Sales Inclusion Leadership Team (SILT) - CISCO Systems, Inc.
3. National Guard Joint Diversity Executive Council (JDEC) - National Guard Bureau
4. USA Diversity & Inclusion Council - Siemens
5. Baystate Pride - Baystate Health
6. Comcast and NBCUniversal Diversity Councils - Comcast Corporation
7. Shared Services Group Diversity & Inclusion Council - The Boeing Company
8. Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center Diversity Council
9. oxyGEN - AT&T
10. Big "I" Diversity Task Force - Independent Insurance Agents and Brokers of America, Inc.
11. Diversity Advisory Council - American Airlines
12. TriHealth Diversity Teams - TriHealth
13. Baystate Hispanic Latino Organization Valuing Ethnicity (BHLOVE) -Baystate Health
14. General Motors Employee Resource Groups' Council - General Motors
15. PNC Proud LGBTA Employee Business Resource Group - Louisville Chapter - The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
16. Joint Corporate Social Responsibility Council - MGM Resorts International
17. Gay Lesbian Allied and Diverse Employees - RBC Wealth Management U.S.
18. Finance Diversity and Inclusion Council -The PNC Financial Services Group, Inc.
19. Johns Hopkins HealthCare Diversity & Inclusion Council
20. Navy, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, Strategic Diversity Working Group
21. FedEx Freight Diversity Council - FedEx Freight
22. Diversity Leadership Council - RBC Wealth Management U.S.
23. OASiS - Organization of Asian Indians at AT&T -AT&T
24. Law, Compliance, Business Ethics and External Affairs Diversity & Inclusion Council - Prudential Financial
25. Black Professionals Group (BPG)- State Street Corporation
Berry added, “We are excited about the increase in this year's applications, attendance and sponsorship. It shows that more organizations are appreciating how critical diversity and inclusion initiatives are to their future development and survival. This is especially important for ERGs and Diversity Councils as they align their various initiatives to the business framework. This is the case whether your business is making shampoo; providing quality health care, enhancing the financial wealth of your clients, educating students or protecting our nation’s borders."
To qualify for the ERG & Council Honors Award™, groups must have been in operation for at least two years and have demonstrated contributions and achievements in four categories: Demonstrated Results; Demonstrated Management Commitment; Measurement and Accountability; and, Communication and Education. Every applicant receives their results in their complimentary Application Summary Report that provides feedback and information that will enhance their performance and increase their value to the organization they serve. This is an open application process with no cost or obligation. Membership with the Association of ERGs & Councils is not required. The 2015 ERG & Council Honors Award application process opens in February, 2015. For more information about the ERG & Council Honors Award or the ERG & Council Conference, visit ERGCouncilConference.com.
About the ERG & Council Honors Award™
The ERG & Council Honors Award™ was created by the Association of ERGs & Councils in 2009 as the only annual national award that recognizes, honors and celebrates the outstanding contributions and achievements of ERGs and Diversity Councils that lead the diversity and inclusion process in their organizations and demonstrate results in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Learn more by visiting ERG & Council Honors Award™ or by calling 1.888.997.7476.
About the ERG & Council Conference
ERGs and Diversity Councils are vital links for improving organizational results. However to remain impactful and effective, they need opportunities to increase their skills and knowledge and to learn and share best practices. They need opportunities to network, celebrate and grow. This is the purpose of the only annual conference designed specifically for ERGs and Diversity Councils created in 2012 by the Association of ERGs & Councils. Learn more by visiting ERG Council Conference or by calling 1.888.997.7476.
About the Association of ERGs & Councils
The Association of ERGs & Councils is a practice group of PRISM International, Inc. and the premier resource for diversity and inclusion professionals dedicated to increasing the impact, effectiveness and recognition of ERGs and Diversity Councils as an essential partner in developing and implementing a focus within organizations. Learn more by visiting the Association or by calling 1.866.220.6370.
About PRISM International, Inc.
PRISM is a WBENC-certified, full-service provider of innovative and proven consulting, training and products for leveraging diversity and inclusion, increasing cross-cultural competencies and preventing harassing and discriminatory behaviors. PRISM’s performance solutions have assisted over 200 organizations in 24 countries in creating a proven systemic process and best-in-practice tactics for leveraging opportunities in their workforce, workplace and marketplace. Learn more by visiting PRISM or by calling 1.888.997.7476.