We want to create a community, collaborate with each other and leverage social sharing to commemorate and remember those we loved
New York, NY (PRWEB) October 23, 2014
Social Sharing, Collaborative Tools, Videos, Photo Galleries and More Give Users a Place to Celebrate Lives of Loved Ones for Free
EverlastingFootprint.com, a new digital tribute site that transforms the way people grieve, remember and celebrate life, today announced its official beta launch. Users create “Footprints,” which are permanent digital tributes that incorporate social media, video, photos, timeline moments, journal entries and more to connect with family, friends and others. Unlike traditional memorial sites that simply post obituaries or offer an online guest book, EverlastingFootprint.com provides users with an abundance of tools to construct true digital storybooks for free.
“We want to create a community, collaborate with each other and leverage social sharing to commemorate and remember those we loved – be it a parent, sibling, teacher, or favorite singer,” said Nick Zhou, CEO and Co-Founder. “In looking for places online to honor our loved ones, we often found obituary type sites, which didn’t seem sufficient. People have been searching for a place online that incorporates social media to document, celebrate and share the lives of lost loved ones. With this, the idea for Everlastingfootprint.com was born.”
When people lose a loved one, the grieving process can be painful, long and often solitary. EverlastingFootprint.com aims to help address the following issues:
- Connect people to help ease grief – when we lose a loved one today, people are notified via word of mouth, newspaper obituary, or a personal phone call. They attend a funeral, connect with family and friends, and move on. For those left behind, memorializing their loved one is a fairly solitary activity and years are spent grieving over their loss. Many people could benefit from grief counseling, but won’t seek it and tend to avoid the topic with family and friends.
- Eliminate costs of posting obituaries – the average cost of an obituary is $300. After the funeral, we are left without a place to save memories of loved ones. With Everlasting Footprint, memories and a person’s life story can be preserved digitally and shared at no cost.
- Loss of family legacy & history – most of us only know our great grandparents on a by name basis, not to mention the generations before them. The website provides users with a way to keep generations of memories and stories alive.
The website offers a variety of ways for users to interact, create and share memories for free including:
- Remember Life in a New Way
o Create free Footprints, not obituaries or memorials
o Multimedia: share stories, photos, videos, audio and more
o Collaborative digital storybook
- Connect Family, Friends, and Others with Similar Losses
o Follow Footprints and members
o Individual profile pages
- Preserve Family History and Legacy
o Permanent tributes for future generations to see
o Create detailed family trees
- Provide Grief and Healing Support
o Heal by connecting with others
o Access grief counselors and experts; webinars and other resources
In addition to the Footprints users create for their own friends and family, EverlastingFootprint.com has published unique Footprints for historical heroes, celebrities, athletes, authors, musicians, world leaders and other figures. Fans of legends such as Elvis Presley, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Marilyn Monroe, and Albert Einstein can follow the Footprint and collaborate on content, such as photos or stories. Fans of celebrities, who die suddenly, like Robin Williams or Paul Walker, are offered an opportunity to share their stories and help each other grieve.
The company’s research showed many alpha users were interested in having Footprints for tragic events as well. Hurricane Katrina damages, the Boston Marathon Bombing and the events of September 11 were all examples given where users wanted a place to share stories, offer support to each other and focus on the ‘life,’ not death of victims. Users can easily organize events to celebrate the life of anyone.
Create your Footprints for free today at EverlastingFootprint.com
Founded in 2012, EverlastingFootprint.com is a permanent digital tribute site designed to honor and celebrate people who have passed away. They can be for friends, family or people you love and admired. Users can create Footprints for free and share them with family, friends or the general public. Watch a video or follow us on Twitter @EFootprint to learn more about creating or collaborating on a Footprint or start your own today. Join us and Celebrate Life Together.
# # #