With M-Files 10.2 we not only provide users with the ability to access on-premises M-Files repositories via their mobile devices, but we also make it easy and secure,
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) October 15, 2014
M-Files Corporation, a provider of solutions which dramatically improve how enterprises manage documents and other information, today announced the immediate availability of M-Files 10.2. The latest version of the M-Files enterprise information management (EIM) solution enables M-Files mobile app and remote users to securely access on-premises and cloud-based repositories without a VPN.
Enterprises are seeing growing demand from end-users to access corporate information that is distributed across on-premises repositories behind the firewall as well as in the cloud from their mobile devices. For companies in need of a simple, device-independent and secure way to enable their employees to access on-premises M-Files repositories via their computers, smart phones and tablets, pre-shared keys can now be provided to ensure remote access for authorized devices. Pre-shared keys add an additional authentication layer to the login process and allow for secure remote connections without having to deploy a VPN. Pre-shared keys are now supported in the M-Files Windows client, Web Access, Mobile Apps and APIs.
"The ability to easily and securely access company information from anywhere and at any time has become an expectation for users of content management systems, and M-Files 10.2 improves and simplifies remote access to all company repositories - whether in the cloud or on-premises," said Mika Javanainen, senior director of product management at M-Files Corporation. "The cloud has traditionally been the key driver for mobile use in our customer base. However, the majority of our implementations are on-premises, and these customers looking are for a secure way for their remote users to access information residing in on-premises repositories. With M-Files 10.2 we not only provide users with the ability to access on-premises M-Files repositories via their mobile devices, but we also make it easy and secure."
New Features and Capabilities in M-Files 10.2 include:
- New M-Files mobile apps for Android, iOS and Windows Phone apps are available in Google Play, the App Store and Windows Store. The usability and performance of the M-Files mobile apps have been improved and new features have been added, such as the ability to call contacts directly from a metadata card of the iOS app.
- M-Files Web Access enhancements to improve daily use on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux browsers. M-Files Web Access features a new metadata card, making it much easier to edit metadata of documents and objects. In addition, users can now preview files in Web Access without having to open them in another application.
- Support for AutoCAD LT 2015 SP1
- Support for grouping properties on the metadata card
- Support for single sign-on (SSO) for current Windows user in M-Files Web Service API
- Support for AlwaysOn Availability Groups in Microsoft SQL Server
- Support for encrypted RPC connections
About M-Files Corporation
M-Files enterprise information management (EIM) solutions eliminate information silos and provide quick and easy access to the right content from any core business system and device. M-Files achieves higher levels of user adoption resulting in faster ROI with a uniquely intuitive approach to EIM that is based on managing information by "what" it is versus "where" it's stored. With flexible on-premises, cloud and hybrid deployment options, M-Files places the power of EIM in the hands of the business user and reduces demands on IT by enabling those closest to the business need to access and control content based on their requirements. Thousands of organizations in over 100 countries use the M-Files EIM system as a single platform for managing front office and back office business operations, which improves productivity and quality while ensuring compliance with industry regulations and standards, including companies such as SAS, Elekta and EADS. For more information, visit http://www.m-files.com.
M-Files is a registered trademark of M-Files Corporation. All other registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.