BRISTOL, VT (PRWEB) October 17, 2014
VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations, announces new 2015 walking tours as part of their vast portfolio of vacations. VBT now offers 10 walking tours, including two new trips, ‘Walking China: Footpaths to Shangri-La’ and ‘Walking Austria, Germany & The Czech Republic: A Bohemian Rhapsody’. With additional destinations like Italy, Ireland, New Zealand and Peru, these 2015 itineraries create more opportunities for travelers to see the world on foot. On every VBT walking tour, travelers are accompanied by two local Trip Leaders who guide each group along the walking paths, facilitate moments of cultural immersion, as well as provide insight into local culture, history, flora and fauna. Also, because they are residents of each country, they are able to recommend the best restaurants and shopping areas for travelers to visit off the trail.
“Walking is an excellent means for discovery, because it allows you to slow down and truly connect with your surroundings with all of your senses,” says VBT President Gregg Marston. “And with our emphasis on cultural immersion, we are able to provide the best opportunity for walking travelers to explore their destination both on and off the trail.”
Walking China: Footpaths to Shangri-La marks the first time VBT has offered a vacation in China—a destination with an exceptionally rich combination of centuries-old traditions and exotic culinary flavors. This 12-day active vacation visits the cities of Yangshuo, Lijiang and Shangri-La stopping at top attractions while providing immersive experiences to showcase everyday life in China. Starting at $4,895 per person including international airfare, stays in three and four star hotels exemplifying traditional feng shui design principals and two local, expert trip leaders. Highlights of the tour include:
- Strolling on a flat footpath along the Yulong River surrounded by spectacular mist-shrouded karst mountains.
- Visiting a Chinese family who will demonstrate how to make black clay pottery, a traditional practice that has been done for centuries.
- Preparing authentic dishes at the Yangshuo Cooking School such as steamed stuffed vegetables with traditional Chinese stir-fry.
- Hearing the morning chants emanating from the Songzanlin Monastery, largest Tibetan monastery east of Lhasa, as you explore the monastery and perhaps meet one of its 500 monks.
- Pre-trip extension option in Beijing to tour the Forbidden City and walk the quieter Mutianyu section of The Great Wall of China with a local guide.
- Post-trip extension to explore Shanghai with the help of a local guide.
Walking Austria, Germany & The Czech Republic: A Bohemian Rhapsody is a 10-day vacation that explores the idyllic landscapes of Central Europe through three distinct regions—Austria’s Lake District, Bavaria, and South Bohemia. The tour begins in the quaint town of St. Gilgen am Wolfgangsee in Austria, notably recognized from The Sound of Music. Starting at $3,495 per person including international airfare, the unforgettable journey includes:
- Strolling the scenic shores of the Inn, Danube, and Otava Rivers.
- A Welcome dinner with a performance from traditional Schulplattler dancers.
- Exploring the medieval city of Tabor led by an expert local guide.
- Visiting the schnapps distillery and museum in Spiegelau.
- Enjoying a traditional Bavarian barbeque dinner with the locals.
One of VBT’s most popular vacations, Walking the Italian Lakes partners authentic cultural activities like market visits and guided tours of historic sites, with scenic walks through Italy’s Lake District—including medieval Bellagio, the Wayfarer Trail on the shores of Lake Como and Fisherman’s Island. This 10-day tour starts at $3,995 per person including international airfare. Known as the Italy Experts, VBT offers two other traveler favorites, The Amalfi Coast & Capri and Italy: The Quiet Pathways of Tuscany.
Beyond Italy, VBT immerses travelers in destinations around the world on vacations such as Walking New Zealand: Splendor of the South Island, Peru: Machu Picchu & The Sacred Valley, France: The Slow Road through Provence, Spain: A Walking Tour of Basque Country and Ireland: Walking the West Country.
For over 44 years, VBT has been providing travelers with outstanding quality and unparalleled value on its immersive active vacations. No other tour company includes so many features and advantages such as international roundtrip airfare, complimentary custom walking poles, two bilingual tour leaders, on-tour support vehicle, most meals and accommodations.
To explore all walking vacations, visit http://www.vbt.com/tourpage/walking-tours/ or call 800-245-3868 to request a catalog.
About VBT Bicycling and Walking Vacations
VBT offers 50 deluxe, small group bicycling and walking tours in 26 different countries, including destinations throughout Europe, Costa Rica, New Zealand, Vietnam, Peru, South Africa, China, and the United States. Each trip includes all accommodations, many meals, two expert local Trip Leaders, unique sightseeing and cultural activities and on-tour vehicle support. Unlike other companies, VBT also includes roundtrip international airfare from over 30 U.S. cities and select Canadian cities for all overseas vacations. In 2014, VBT was rated by the readers of Travel + Leisure among the “World’s Best Tour Operators” for the fifth consecutive year. http://www.vbt.com.