Sarasota, Florida (PRWEB) October 22, 2014
At Professional Supplement Center, the staff isn’t just talking the talk about the supplements they sell, but in their 90-Day Healthy Weight Challenge, they have taken up the gauntlet and are walking the walk, literally. And 10 weeks into the challenge, they have already lost 137 pounds!
“Our staff is always up for a challenge, and this seemed like a great way for them to experience some of the products we recommend, while also learning to make healthy decisions and benefiting from the same guidance available to our customers,” said Sheri Davis, Founder & Co-owner.
Here’s how the challenge works:
1. Each participant had a private assessment with Jacquie Eubanks, the staff nurse who specializes in assessing, developing and coaching to optimize one’s health with the proper use of pharmaceutical grade vitamins and supplements.
2. All participants were given Nordic Naturals ProOmega Lemon fish oil supplement, Douglas Laboratories Multi-Probiotic 15 billion, Enzymedica Digest Gold (a potent digestive enzyme,) and Metagenics PhytoMulti, multivitamin.
3. The participants were broken into three groups based on the weight loss supplement that was deemed best for them by Eubanks; and they received either Ortho Molecular CLA that supports reducing body fat while increasing muscle tone; Douglas Laboratories Super HCA (garcinia cambogia extract) that aids in normal appetite regulation; or Integrative Therapeutics 7-KETO Lean that helps burn fat, not muscle, and promotes weight loss.
4. Eubanks gave counseling on which foods to avoid and which to add in order to balance out their nutrition.
5. Each participant has been keeping track of their progress by logging what they are eating, how they are feeling, and what sort of activity they are doing.
6. Weekly private weigh-ins with Eubanks give the participants a chance to further refine their plan on the way to a healthy weight.
“Having the opportunity to help our staff become more cognizant of what they are putting into their bodies and getting to see the positive results they are experiencing has been a very rewarding experience for me,” stated Eubanks, “Six people have already met their original weight loss goal and are now working on maintaining or reaching an even loftier goal.”
Even though just a portion of the staff is doing the challenge, everyone is providing a support system for those who are. “The counter in the kitchen used to be stocked with chips and cookies, now you walk in and there is fresh fruit or other healthy alternatives,” said Davis “This has really made a positive impact on the staff as a whole.”
The challenge will end in November, but the hope is that the healthy habits gained over the three months will continue with everyone for a lifetime. Each staff member who completes the challenge will not only be supplied with the supplements at no charge thanks to the generosity of the manufacturers, but they will also enjoy an additional vacation day thanks to the management at Professional Supplement Center, along with the benefits of living a healthier life.