Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) October 20, 2014
TotallyHer Media’s Momtastic (http://www.momtastic.com), a leading destination offering inspiration and solutions for family and life, announced today the October Guest Editor: Camila Alves, entrepreneur, model, and designer, as well as wife to actor Matthew McConaughey and mother of three. In correlation with the launch of Momtastic’s Latina section, Camila discusses ways to incorporate her Brazilian culture into her children’s everyday lives, along with her experiences as a mom on-the-go. Camila joins a distinguished list of guest editors from Momtastic, including Christina Applegate, Kristin Davis, and Tia Mowry.
Noteworthy quotes from Camila’s Momtastic blogs:
Teaching the Kids about Their Brazilian Roots:
- “We speak Portuguese, my native language. A friend of mine, who is also in a mixed-culture family, chooses a certain time of day to only speak his language to his children. I’ve been trying to do that with my kids and it has been working great.”
- “We love Brazilian music and dance. There is always Brazilian music playing, and I’ve been teaching my children our different dances. Vida is better at Samba than the boys — but we are working on it!”
- “They show respect to their elders. If you are Latin you know that your grandmother and the elders around you are the bosses. You respect and care for anyone who has been on this Earth for that long. You greet them differently, you get up and give them your seat, and you make sure they have what they need.”
Favorite Beauty Secrets:
- “Drink TONS of water! This one is so easy to do -- and it's so important for glowing, healthy skin.”
- “Prepare healthy lunches ahead. I prep my lunch the night before while I'm making dinner. That way I know I am going to eat the right thing and not grab fast food on the go.”
- “Beat bloat naturally. I sprinkle Turmeric (an Indian spice) on top of my food. It is an anti-inflammatory, and it works so well during those times when I might otherwise be bloated.”
- “Fake a great mani. I don't always have time to go get my nails done. So when they start to chip, I apply one or two coats of a darker (or shimmery) nail polish on top. That buys me another couple of days or so to be able to squeeze in a proper fix.”
“Camila and her family live a jet-setting, adventurous lifestyle, but it’s clear that when it comes to parenting, she is wonderfully grounded. From incorporating her Brazilian heritage to teaching her children the value of a dollar, we truly loved the stories and insights she shared with our Momtastic community,” said Rebecca Schmitt, Vice President and General Manager of TotallyHer Media. “Her strong sense of self and devotion to her family makes her an excellent Guest Editor, and we’ve been so pleased to have her.”
To read all of Camila’s posts, visit: http://www.momtastic.com/author/calves/.
Momtastic (http://www.momtastic.com) is an all-inclusive web destination combining premium content and community for mothers. The site helps over 6 million moms (January 2014, comScore) each month by answering real questions, providing support and delivering inspiration for everyday life.
Momtastic was created to address a void in the market by combining the best of mom communities, blogs, and premium content publishing and now brings in 40 million page views per month (January 2014, comScore). Momtastic covers all the subjects that interest moms, with sections dedicated to Pregnancy, Parenting, Food, Health, Style, Shopping, Life, and Entertainment. Momtastic speaks with moms, offering a supportive, honest, entertaining and real voice across all the topics they care about.
Momtastic is a part of TotallyHer Media, an Evolve Media publishing vertical dedicated to women and their families.
For More Information:
Sr. Manager, Corporate Communications
(310) 449-1890 Ext. 8263