(PRWEB UK) 21 October 2014
SMi Group are delighted to announce that ABI Research will be speaking at the 4th annual Oil and Gas Cyber Security Conference which returns to London this autumn.
ABI Research Practice Director, Michela Menting, will be presenting on Cybersecurity Market Dynamics in the Energy Industry. Highlights from the talk include:
- Emergence of niche markets for energy-related security products and services
- Market maturity conditions as affected by oil & gas industry demands
- Policy and regulatory landscape effect on cybersecurity investment opportunities
The two-day programme will build on the success of the 2013 event by discussing recent efforts to bolster protection of highly valuable intellectual property and commercially sensitive information on production, exploration plans and assets through project updates, case studies, live demonstrations, technology sessions, panel debates and networking opportunities.
Key Benefits of Attending:
- Address the most pressing cyber security issues facing the oil and gas sector with key presentations and case studies delivered by senior industry decision makers
- Hear from operators such as Centrica, National Grid, Eni, Petrofac and Tullow Oil
- Understand how government organisations can support efforts against attacks
- Watch live demonstrations to understand where attacks are targeted
- Discuss how social engineering should be the key focus in projecting your networks
- What are the latest developments and technology you can use for SCADA attacks
- Recognise new, key, regulations and legislation that affects your operations
Key speakers include Avtar Sehmbi (Head, Information Security & Risk Management), Centrica; Troels Oerting (Head, European Cybercrime Centre), Europol; Graham Wright (Chief Information Security Officer & Head of Digital Risk) National Grid; Mounir Kamal (Incidents Handling and Digital Forensics Manager), Q-CERT; Faheem Siddiqui (Group Information Security Manager), Petrofac; Alessandro Marzi (ICT Manager Security Standards & Architecture), Eni, plus many more at this year’s event.
Event’s sponsors: 4Secure, ABB, Bit 9, D3 Security, FOX IT, HP, IGUANA, LogRhythm and Waterfall Security Solutions
For more information or to register, go to http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014cyber-security7.asp
Alternatively, contact Andrew Gibbons via +44 (0) 207 827 5156 or e-mail email@example.com
Sponsorship: contact Alia Malick on +44 (0) 207 827 6168 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact for media-partners: Julia Rotar, email@example.com
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.
We pride ourselves on having access to the world’s most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world including London, Paris and Singapore and to date have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.
More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk