The free-of-charge seminar is designed to offer insights on the proper steps and the host of considerations for maximizing value for businesses preparing for potential transactions.
HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (PRWEB) October 21, 2014
Decosimo, a Top 100 accounting and business advisory firm, joins Huntsville’s Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP in hosting a merger and acquisitions seminar on November 18th entitled, “Maximizing Value for Business Growth & Transactions.” Taking place at the Regions Building in downtown Huntsville, the half-day seminar features subject-matter experts from Decosimo and Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP addressing a range of topics related to mergers and acquisitions.
The free-of-charge seminar is designed to offer insights on the proper steps and the host of considerations for maximizing value for businesses preparing for potential transactions. The content presented in the various sessions is focused on taking the attendees through the financial and legal aspects of deal making. The subject-matter experts leading the sessions plan to explore the necessary steps involved in the merger and acquisition process, including assessment, preparation, marketing, negotiation, due diligence, closing and post-transaction integration. Registration for the seminar is available online at http://www.decosimo.com/HSVTransactionSeminar.
The opening session begins at noon (CST) with the final panel discussion concluding at 5:30 p.m. Lunch is to be provided for the attendees and the event also features a reception and social hour following the final session. Seminar attendees can earn up to 5.5 hours of CLE credit and up to 6.5 hours of CPE credit. The seminar offers an opportunity to learn directly about the latest trends and procedures in the area of mergers and acquisitions from leading subject matter experts. The seminar presenters include the following professionals:
- Tom Decosimo, CPA•ABV, ASA, is a principal with Decosimo. He has advised clients on transactions totaling more than $15 billion throughout the United States and Europe. A certified public accountant since 1980, Mr. Decosimo has spent the last 18 years providing business valuation, litigation support, and transaction advisory services to a large variety of businesses. Mr. Decosimo is CEO and managing director of Decosimo Corporate Finance, LLC (DCF), a mid-market investment bank specializing in sell-side advisory which is a member firm of FINRA/SIPC. Mr. Decosimo’s business valuation experience is tied closely to mergers and acquisitions, the placement of debt and equity financing, family business succession planning, and estate planning. His industry experience includes light and heavy industrial manufacturing, textiles, floor covering, consumer products, food processing, broadcasting, professional firms, and distribution.
- George A. Smith, II is a partner in the Huntsville office of Bradley Arant Boult Cummings. His practice focuses on formation, financing and ongoing representation of emerging and established businesses for a broad range of businesses, including government contracting, manufacturing, health care and technology companies. Mr. Smith regularly assists start-up companies and their founders with issues such as the legal structure, venture funding, incentive compensation for key employees, use of equity compensation and various contractual obligations and formation issues. He also helps many government contractors with joint ventures, teaming agreements, strategic alliances and other government contracting issues. Furthermore, Mr. Smith counsels clients regarding mergers and acquisitions, tax issues, equity and debt financing, estate planning, health care and other related issues.
- Brent McDade, ASA, CVA, MAFF, is a valuation senior manager with Decosimo Advisory Services, the business valuation, litigation support and transaction advisory practice of Decosimo. In addition, he is a registered representative of Decosimo Corporate Finance, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC, a broker/dealer firm providing sell-side advisory services, capital sourcing, and fairness opinions. Mr. McDade is a recognized leader in the business valuation profession, having made presentations on business valuation topics at the national conferences of the Institute of Business Appraisers (IBA), the National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA), and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, as well as before numerous local chapter groups of business appraisers, accountants, and attorneys.
- G. Bartley Loftin III is a partner with Bradley Arant Boult Cummings. He is AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell and focuses his practice primarily on commercial litigation, including intellectual property litigation, banking litigation, shareholder disputes, non-compete litigation, manufacturer and sales representative litigation, securities, business, and corporate litigation. Mr. Loftin has served as lead counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants in shareholder derivative and class action litigation. He recently served as lead counsel for plaintiffs in a shareholder derivative class action which settled for $200,000,000 which is the largest reported settlement in Madison County, Alabama and one of the largest reported settlements in Alabama. Mr. Loftin was recently designated as an Alabama Super Lawyer, 2012-2013 for Business Litigation, and recognized as one of The Best Lawyers in America, 2010-2013 for Commercial Litigation.
- Benjamin L. McArthur is a partner with Bradley Arant Boult Cummings who has a diverse litigation practice. He represents individuals and businesses in commercial, intellectual property and real estate litigation matters in state and federal court and before arbitration panels. As a member of the firm’s Life Sciences Group, Mr. McArthur regularly defends doctors and other healthcare providers in medical malpractice actions as well as drug and medical device manufacturers in product liability cases. Mr. McArthur is also dedicated to providing pro bono representation to the underserved members of his community.
- Robert Belcher, CPA, is an assurance principal with Decosimo. Mr. Belcher has provided audit and accounting services for publicly- and privately-held businesses, as well as governmental entities, for nearly 30 years. He has also assisted numerous clients in achieving compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Mr. Belcher has worked with manufacturing clients since 1985 and is a practice leader for Decosimo’s manufacturing and distribution specialty group. He has provided manufacturing clients with industry-specialized assistance related to cost accounting and other inventory issues, revenue recognition and internal control framework. Audit clients served include manufacturers in the textile, food, furniture, construction, printing, portrait studios and carpet sectors, as well as brokerage and investment firms, government contractors and governmental entities.
- Frank M. Caprio, a partner with Bradley Arant Boult Cummings, chairs the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group. He focuses on intellectual property law and assists clients in the protection and use of their intellectual property rights, and in the litigation of various technology-related disputes involving patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, and computer issues. Mr. Caprio has been selected by his peers for inclusion in the Best Lawyers in America in both Intellectual Property Law and Information Technology Law. He is a retired Naval Flight Officer and Mission Commander having served in the 70s, 80s and 90s in active duty and reserve squadrons flying the Lockheed P-3 Orion Aircraft, conducting Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) Missions.
- Stephen H. Hall is a partner with Bradley Arant Boult Cummings. Mr. Hall’s practice is centered in the area of intellectual property and technology issues. He has an active trial practice litigating patent infringement, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation and technology issues in state and federal courts. Mr. Hall also works closely with established and emerging technology companies in preparing and negotiating various software and technology contracts and license agreements. He also has an active patent and trademark prosecution practice, assisting clients in developing, protecting, managing and exploiting their intellectual property.
- Justin W. Hendrix is an associate in the Huntsville office of Bradley Arant Boult Cummings. He is a member of the firm's Corporate and Securities Practice Group and Real Estate Practice Group. Mr. Hendrix’s practice includes the representation of a variety of clients in a wide range of corporate and transactional matters, including contract negotiation and preparation, entity formation, corporate restructuring, corporate finance issues, mergers and acquisitions and real estate sales and acquisitions.
Decosimo (http://www.decosimo.com) is perennially ranked as a Top 100 accounting and business advisory services firm. Decosimo is a regional firm with offices in nine geographic locations in the United States and the Cayman Islands, with approximately 300 professionals and staff. Each of Decosimo's offices provides a full range of accounting and advisory services to a wide array of industries. Additionally, Decosimo is an independent firm associated with Moore Stephens International Limited. With over 300 firms with a total of 667 offices across 105 countries, Moore Stephens and Decosimo provide clients with access to significant resources and expertise comparable to Big Four firms.
About Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP
Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP (http://www.babc.com) serves individuals, emerging businesses, and established international, national, and regional companies. Our offices—strategically located in Alabama, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, and the District of Columbia—provide an extensive geographic base from which to best accommodate our clients. Recognized across the country, our attorneys serve as national, regional, and statewide counsel for clients across many industries. Clients rely on Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorneys for innovative legal services that reflect a detailed understanding of their business goals.