Boston, MA (PRWEB) October 22, 2014
Pearson is teaming up with the Online Learning Consortium (OLC) to host the HBCU Leadership Summit for Online Learning. The Summit will facilitate informative discussions among the HBCU community leaders, and help pave a path to increased access to quality, online higher education opportunities.
WHAT: The Online Learning Consortium HBCU Leadership Summit for Online Learning - October 29, 2014, in Orlando, Florida. "Breaking Barriers to Expand the Legacy into Online Learning" serves as the summit’s theme. The event runs concurrently with day one of the
20th Annual Online Learning Consortium International Conference: Driving Innovation with Online Learning (ALN14), which takes place Oct. 29-31, 2014.
WHERE: Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort - Lake Buena Vista, Florida
Robert Blaine, Interim Associate Dean, College of Liberal Arts, Jackson State University
will deliver the keynote session: “Reaching the Connected Learner through Disruptive Innovation.”
· OLC’s Board Member, Robbie Melton, Associate Vice Chancellor at Tennessee Board of
Regents addresses Strategic Planning for Online Programs
· John Bourne, Chief Innovation Officer, American Sentinel University and former
Executive Director of the Online Learning Consortium, will lead a panel discussion on
three-dimensional immersive online learning environments
· Mariann Hawken, Instructional Technologist, Bowie State University, will discuss
Success in Supporting Faculty Online Course Development
· Creating & Maintaining an E-Learning Legacy
· The Center for Excellence in Distance Learning at Wiley College: Exploring a
Collaborative Quest for Student Success
· Steps Taken to Engage Students Through Technology at an HBCU
· Why Thurgood Marshall College Fund Is Building Blended Lab Schools at HBCUs
· Enhancing Faculty Engagement Through Strategy and Technology
· Changing Direction: CyberLearning, a 21st Century Learning Community
· Winning the LOTTO: The Ticket to Success in Supporting Faculty Online Course
· Frameworks & Foundations for Scalable, Sustainable Competency-Based Programs
· Strategic Planning for Online Programs: A-Z
· Prototype 3D Immersive Online Learning Environment
Additional information about the conference program and details about registration can be found on the website.
To learn more about HBCUs in the online education space, listen to the podcast featuring Dr. Cristi D. Ford, Director of the Research Academy for Integrated Learning (RAIL) at the University of the District of Columbia.
Pearson is the world's leading learning company, with 40,000 employees in more than 80 countries working to help people of all ages to make measurable progress in their lives through learning. For more information about Pearson, visit http://www.pearson.com.
The Online Learning Consortium (OLC), formerly the Sloan Consortium (Sloan-C), is the leading professional organization devoted to advancing the quality of online learning worldwide. The member-sustained organization offers an extensive set of resources for professional development and institutional advancement of online learning, including, original research, leading-edge instruction, best-practice publications, community-driven conferences and expert guidance. OLC members include educators, administrators, trainers and other online learning professionals, as well as educational institutions, professional societies and corporate enterprises.
Pearson: Brandon Pinette, brandon.pinette(at)pearson(dot)com or 800-745-8489
Online Learning Consortium: Eileen Pacheco, Tango Group LLC, eileen(at)tango-group(dot)com or 508-888-7478