Seattle, WA (PRWEB) October 23, 2014
In honor of Halloween, Whitepages, the leading provider of contact information for people and businesses in the U.S., today reveals its list of the 13 most common names in the country shared with horror movie villains, as well as a few famously frightening directors and authors. Taking the top spot on the list – and putting fear in hearts of audiences everywhere – is Michael Myers from Halloween with 4,282 people nationwide sharing the name.
Rounding out the top five are Stephen King (author; 2,068 people), Norman Bates (Psycho; 96 people), Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th; 30 people), and Annie Wilkes (Misery; 25 people).
“Many people could say they’ve been scared by a number of the villains on this list, but until now have probably never thought that one could be living next door!” says Liz Powell, culture and trend expert from Whitepages. “For fans of a ‘friendlier ghost’ neighbor, Whitepages data found 2,632 Caspers nationwide, the most living in North Dakota.”
Additional Halloween-centric name data includes:
- Carrie (Carrie): 315,711; 23,343 in CA; first name only
- Hannibal (The Silence of the Lambs): 6,399; 97 in CA; first name only
- Frankenstein: 510; 92 in PA; last name only
- Ghost: 38; 14 in PA; last name only
The Whitepages Top 13 list breaks how many people share the name in the U.S., as well as the states where the most people with these names are living.
Top 13 Most Common Horror Movie Monikers
1. Michael Myers (Halloween): 4,282; 333 in OH
2. Stephen King (Author): 2,068; 168 in TX
3. Norman Bates (Psycho): 96; 9 in TX
4. Jason Voorhees (Friday the 13th): 30; 4 each in PA, CA, NY
5. Annie Wilkes (Misery): 25; 10 in GA
6. Jack Torrance (The Shining): 10; 2 in CA
7. Wes Craven (Director): 7; 2 in NC
8. Alfred Hitchcock (Director): 7; 2 each in CA and MD
9. Max Cady (Cape Fear): 6; 3 in FL
10. Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare on Elm Street): 5; 2 in WA
11. Donnie Darko (Donnie Darko): 4; 3 in PA
12. Samara Morgan (The Ring): 2; 1 each in TX and ND
13. Damien Thorn (The Omen): 1 in CA
To learn more about name popularity in the United States, please visit: http://www.whitepages.com/.
Whitepages is the leading source for contact information in North America and is at the forefront of developing services that help people find, understand and verify personal and business identities in an ever-changing digital world. Whitepages is committed to empowering users with control, safeguarding the accuracy and authenticity of digital identities, and advancing transparency. With over 50 million unique monthly users, Whitepages offers access to more than 200 million personal and business identities and provides users with the ability to control their own. Whitepages also operates Whitepages PRO, an API and web-based service which helps businesses verify the identities of their customers. To learn more, visit http://www.whitepages.com.