No matter where you are, making new mom friends does not have to increase panic or stress.
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) November 05, 2014
Making friends as a new mom is not always an easy feat. It’s like standing in the cafeteria on the first day of school surrounded by strangers wondering where to fit in – but this time it's the playground and after having just sung “The Wheels on the Bus” for the 1000th time, a craving for an adult conversation sets in. Is that too much to ask?
Whether at the grocery store, the playground, or The Little Gym, new moms are constantly scoping out potential mom friends, eager to strike up a conversation about anything. No matter where you are, making new mom friends does not have to increase panic or stress. Here are 5 tips for making mom friends with ease.
1. Get Out of the House. No seriously, it's almost impossible to meet any awesome new mom friends by staying cooped up in the house all the time. Get out there by getting involved in a mom’s group/mommy meet up. Enroll little ones in the Parent/Child programs at your local The Little Gym. Or head on over to the playground and scope out a mom that kids similar ages or that have similar interests. It could be the start to a beautiful friendship.
2. Find a friend? Get her contact information. Don’t be shy; finding new mom friends is like dating, if you like get her number so you can see her again. If nothing happens the second time around at least an effort was made.
3. Plan a play-date. Find a mom with similar interests? And she has a little one the same age? Score. Plan a play-date; this is the best way to get moms talking – to each other.
4. Plan a “Mommy” play-date. Find a sitter to take the baby reigns, it’s time for a mom’s night out. Grab some drinks or dinner and enjoy a kid free night with your new friend. Moms deserve off nights too.
5. Be yourself. This is the best way to find genuine friends that will last a lifetime.
Finding new mom friends may not always be easy but having one, two, or five mom friends may make your days easier. Next time you’re at the grocery store, playground, or even your local The Little Gym, don’t be shy – strike up conversation and see where it takes you! There are plenty of fish in the sea and soon enough you will have a group of great mom friends that will last a lifetime.