This study provides a quintessential guide to better understand how people use mobile devices and how their habits inform their purchase decisions.
New York, NY and Toronto, Ontario (PRWEB) October 23, 2014
Millennials are a generation that is being defined by their constant exposure to technology and ubiquitous use of their mobile devices. Yet, a new study shows that Gen Xers actually spend more time on their mobile devices than Millennials. This finding is one of many from Mobile Path to Purchase 2014: Mobile Consumer Profile – Age & Gender, the first study that examines the role that gender and generation play in mobile device usage, audience behaviors, and purchases.
xAd, the global location marketplace, and Telmetrics, the leading call measurement technology provider, commissioned the report from Nielsen. Results include online survey data and observed behaviors from Nielsen’s Smartphone Analytics Panel divided by sex and age group: Boomers (55+), Gen X (35-54), and Millennials (18-34).
xAd/Telmetrics Mobile Path to Purchase 2014: Mobile Consumer Profile – Age & Gender Infographic
Key findings based on gender and generation include:
- Women take longer: Men spend more time on mobile overall, but women spend longer on each visit – over a minute or more depending on category.
- Men are on the move: Men are more likely to use their phone on the go, while women are more likely to access information at home.
- Millennials multitask, Gen Xers spend more time on device: Gen X consumers account for the most time spent on mobile overall and use their devices longer each session. Millennials are the ultimate multitaskers, using their devices for frequent, shorter sessions and for more activities.
- The younger the users, the more indecisive they are: Boomers are more likely to have a clear idea of what they’re looking for. Younger consumers are more likely to browse on their mobile devices.
- What sways purchase decisions: One in four Millennials cited price as their top purchase driver. Brand preference becomes more important with age – one in five Boomers reported brand preference this as their top reason for purchase.
“Our study provides a quintessential guide to better understand how people use mobile devices and how their habits inform their purchase decisions,” explained Monica Ho, SVP of Marketing at xAd, Inc. “As a media channel, mobile may just be the missing link that marketers need to influence customers and drive them to the point of purchase.”
“Mobile habits vary among consumers, so ad campaigns cannot be one size fits all,” said Bill Dinan, president of Telmetrics. “To capitalize on the diverse mobile experience, it is critical that mobile marketers leverage specific profile insights – such as age, gender, category or device usage – to drive stronger engagement.”
Download the Mobile Path to Purchase 2014: Mobile Consumer Profile – Age & Gender report to better understand mobile behavior across genders and generations at http://www.mobilepathtopurchase.com.
About the Study
The xAd-Telmetrics Mobile Path to Purchase Study is the only comprehensive research report that measures what consumers report they are doing via mobile devices and captures actual preferences and behaviors. Results from the 3rd Annual U.S. Mobile Path-to-Purchase Study are based on data from an online survey of 2,000 U.S. smartphone and tablet users and actual observed consumer behaviors from Nielsen’s Smartphone Analytics Panel of 6,000 Apple and Android users.
Read more about the first part of the report:
xAd/Telmetrics 2014 Mobile Path-to-Purchase General Release Infographic
xAd is the global location marketplace bringing together buyers and sellers with ad targeting solutions focused on driving in-store traffic and sales. The company is uniquely focused on capturing in-store visitation behaviors for ad targeting, insights, and measurement solutions. The first to visualize real-time foot traffic, xAd customers include 1.5 million advertisers - including direct brand relationships, agencies, ad networks, and other demand side media companies. Connect with xAd at http://www.xad.com, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
About Telmetrics, Inc.
Telmetrics is a leading call analytics and attribution technology company that powers digital marketers’ use of calls as a cross-media advertising performance metric. For nearly 25 years, Telmetrics has delivered scalable and quality call measurement innovations that reveal the lead generation impact of direct response ad programs. As a proven global technology partner, Telmetrics helps media publishers, agencies and the leading local, mobile and vertical search providers leverage calls to drive ad monetization opportunities. Telmetrics’ clients deliver ad solutions that help drive leads/calls to millions of SMB and national franchise advertisers. For more information, please visit http://www.Telmetrics.com.