San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) October 23, 2014
Germany marks the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall in November, with numerous events throughout the city celebrating the reunification of Germany. Viator.com, the leading resource for researching and booking tours and activities worldwide, has a collection of experiences that allow travelers to delve into Berlin’s turbulent and intriguing history as well as explore the city after the fall of the wall – a modern, cosmopolitan and vibrant European capital with something to see and do at every turn.
- Travel into Berlin’s past during the Discover Berlin Half-Day Walking Tour. Experience 1920s Friedrichstrasse to today's Potsdamer Platz, while listening to the guide's superb story-telling skills weave the themes of Prussian, Imperial, Nazi, Cold War and 21st-century Berlin into a detailed narrative.
- Perfect for history buffs, the East Berlin and Cold War Half-Day Walking Tour explores the city’s top historical attractions including the Berlin Wall, Potsdamer Platz and the East Side Gallery as well as what life was like before and now after the fall of the Wall.
- Focused on intrigue and conflict, the Cold War Walking Tour of Berlin includes the staging grounds of military conflict, the Berlin Wall, hidden areas of the Death Strip, former guard towers and underground 'Ghost Stations', the Soviet Embassy and more.
- The Modern Berlin Walking Tour includes visits to major landmarks like the Berlin Wall but also explores four different districts of the city to discover formerly run-down neighborhoods like Mitte, Kreuzberg and Prenzlauer Berg where immigrant, alternative and corporate cultures currently thrive amid a gentrified urban landscape.
Bike and Segway Tours
- Offering a nice opportunity to socialize with fellow travelers, the Berlin Bike Tour explores Berlin's complex past with visits to major attractions including Alexanderplatz and the Berlin Wall.
- Berlin Bike Tour: Berlin Wall and Cold War delves deep into the darkest time in Berlin's history - The Cold War, exploring stops along the Berlin Wall learning what life was like on both sides, as well as a visit to the impressive Soviet Memorial at Treptower Park.
- Using a modern marvel of transportation to traverse the city, the Berlin Segway Tour cruises effortlessly through Berlin's parks and sidewalks taking in major attractions like the Berlin Wall and Brandenburg Gate.
- Customizable to meet specific interests, the Private Tour: Berlin City Highlights can include visits to Alexanderplatz, Potsdamer Platz, Checkpoint Charlie and Brandenburg Gate, as well as a walk alongside the Berlin Wall, a visit to Friedrichstrasse and the world-famous galleries of Museum Island.
b- The Private Walking Tour: Berlin Highlights and Hidden Sites allows travelers to choose what they’d like to see, from top sights like the Berlin Wall to lesser known places and hidden gems that larger group sightseeing tours often miss.
- Viator’s Private Walking Tour: Behind the Iron Curtain and Berlin Wall unveils the history of the Cold War and the Berlin Wall, including the rise of the Iron Curtain and the collapse of the Soviet Union with the fall of the Berlin Wall. Stops include Potsdamer Platz, Karl-Marx-Allee boulevard, Gethsemane Church and Bornholmer Strasse.
For more information on Viator’s tours and activities worldwide – as well as the latest deals, promotions, contests and news – visit http://www.viator.com or follow Viator on Facebook (ViatorTours) and Twitter (ViatorTravel).
Viator, a TripAdvisor company, is the leading global tours and activities provider for travelers, delivering online and mobile access to thousands of curated trip activities including tours, attractions, shore excursions and private guides, in more than 1,500 destinations worldwide. In-house travel experts work with trusted local operators to ensure the quality and value of every experience, all backed by Viator’s 24/7 customer service and global low-price guarantee. With more than 600,000 verified reviews plus exclusive videos and insider travel tips, Viator has everything a traveler needs to find and book the best things to do worldwide. In addition to the flagship site – Viator.com – travelers can book in advance or in-destination via the Viator Tours and Activities App, as well as local-language sites for European, Latin American and Asian travelers. Viator also provides tours and activities to more than 3,000 affiliate partners including some of the world’s top airlines, hotels and online travel agencies. Founded in 1995, Viator is headquartered in San Francisco with regional offices in Sydney, London and Las Vegas. Viator – travel with an insider.