Media and production companies can introduce automation technology into their workflow to increase efficiencies and reduce costs.
Reston, VA (PRWEB) October 24, 2014
JumpSoft, Inc., a next generation software company that provides automated recovery of enterprise, custom and cloud applications, today published a use case on how media and production companies can introduce automation technology into their workflow to increase efficiencies and reduce costs.
This use case outlines:
- The costly and time-consuming impact when a series of failed encoding jobs are reported despite an apparently healthy host and storage environment--or the “nightmare” scenario in which such a failure occurs after the production team has left for the night.
- How the addition of a lightweight agent will monitor the storage service for accurate information about its status and also automatically disable the encoder on any failed host the moment storage access is interrupted--keeping the queue of jobs available for remaining working hosts.
“Content providers must generate multiple file versions of their shows at a production cost that maintains the profitability of the business,” said JumpSoft CEO, Kevin McCartney. “Central to this production operation is continuous transcoding—something that is now possible with automated application recovery.”
Media, content and video encoding professionals can download the brief: here. No registration is required.
JumpSoft is a next generation provider of application-centric IT management software. JumpSoft’s flagship product, JumpCenter, is the first application- and platform-agonistic solution that delivers three important breakthroughs to help alleviate the chaos and confusion of managing a portfolio of diverse applications running on different platforms:
- Visibility across any and all of an enterprise’s applications regardless of type or platform;
- The ability to recover any application with the push of a button; and
- Rapid, lightweight integration and implementation–in minutes not weeks.
Learn more at http://www.jumpsoft.net.