Legitimate certification programs require significant, ongoing education to ensure that individuals maintain necessary levels of knowledge and competency.
New Port Richey, FL (PRWEB) October 24, 2014
Broker Educational Sales & Training, Inc. (BEST) now offers Investment Management Consultants Association (IMCA) continuing education courses online. The online catalog provides IMCA certificants (CIMA®, CPWA® and CMIC®), with courses specifically designed to allow them to complete their IMCA CE requirements quickly and easily from the comfort of their home or office.
As stated by IMCA, “Legitimate certification programs require significant, ongoing education to ensure that individuals maintain necessary levels of knowledge and competency. All IMCA certifications require ongoing education, and certificants must complete and report a minimum of 40 credit hours of continuing education (CE) credit (including 2 credit hours of ethics) every two years to maintain the certification.”
Only those who have fulfilled the certification and renewal requirements set by IMCA, as well as the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), can display the certification trademarks which represent a high level of expertise, ethics and professionalism. The new requirement will assist certificants in meeting or exceeding the following seven (7) codes of professional responsibility required to maintain their certification:
1. Serve the financial interests of clients.
2. Disclose fully to client’s services provided and compensation received.
3. Provide to clients all material information related to the investment decision-making process as well as other information they may need to make informed decisions based on realistic expectations.
4. Maintain the confidentiality of all information entrusted by the client, to the fullest extent permitted by regulatory and legal entities in conjunction with the professional’s firm/company policy.
5. Comply fully with all statutory and regulatory requirements affecting the delivery of investment consulting services to clients.
6. Maintain competency in investment management consulting and financial services through education and training to better serve clients and enhance investment management consulting.
7. Maintain a high level of professional ethical conduct.
BEST now assists IMCA certificants in meeting IMCA’s stringent renewal requirements, with its IMCA online continuing education course catalog. The catalog allows for convenient access to course material and includes:
- Unlimited retakes of review questions and final examinations
- Instant grading
- Access to certificates of completion
- Course accessibility for one year from purchase
- Unbeatable customer service
A few of the courses available within the catalog are:
- Ethics in the Insurance Industry (4 credit hours)
- Estate Planning (10 credit hours OR 28 credit hours)
- Retirement Plans for Small Businesses (5 credit hours)
- The Financial Advisors Guide to IRAs (10 credit hours)
- Understanding Annuity Contract Structure, Tax Laws and Ethical Marketing Practices (5 credit hours)
About Broker Educational Sales & Training, Inc.
Broker Educational Sales & Training, Inc. (BEST) is a premier financial and insurance continuing education provider for State Insurance professionals, CFP® certificants and IMCA designees. BEST provides the most relevant, timely and reliable CE course content in the industry. Courses are approved nationally and credits are maximized to allow for quick and easy completion. BEST conducts and administers over 500 continuing education classes throughout the country, which on average are attended by over 61,000 insurance agents, accountants and lawyers annually. BEST also conducts national symposiums and seminars with an average attendance of over 100 Financial Advisors throughout the country.