Indianapolis, IN (PRWEB) October 27, 2014
Minecraft is the sandbox construction game that has become a mainstream phenomenon with over a hundred million players. A virtually infinite world and versatile style of play offer endless possibilities for both the hardcore gamer and novice. To help players and parents get up to speed on everything Minecraft, Wiley is releasing a new line of books that are perfect for readers in the clutches of the Minecraft phenomenon wanting to enhance their gaming experience or for parents who want to be more educated about what their kids are doing when they’re playing Minecraft.
- Minecraft Recipes For Dummies, Portable Edition (Wiley, 978-1-118-96827-7, October 2014, US $12.99), by Jesse Stay and Thomas Stay, is packed with recipes for weapons, armor, transportation, mechanism, food, dye, wool and brewing, as well as information on enchanting, repairing, gathering, farming, efficiency and more. This guide makes it easy for readers to look up the required items and figure out which blocks are needed to gather to create each item.
- Minecraft Redstone For Dummies, Portable Edition (Wiley, 978-1-118-96830-7, October 2014, US $12.99), by Jacob Cordeiro, is the complete guide to finding, using and maximizing the power of Redstone in the Minecraft world. Whether in Creative or Survival mode, redstone mastery is crucial for successful gameplay and this book guides readers through mining, smelting and how to make the most of your redstone stores.
- Minecraft Construction For Dummies, Portable Edition (Wiley, 978-1-118-96840-6, October 2014, US $12.99), by Adam Cordeiro and Emily Nelson, provides step-by-step instructions to help readers discover how to construct houses, boats, islands, bridges, tunnels, secret rooms and more. It also covers topics such as mining the right materials for basic building and developing a farm for renewable resources.
- Minecraft For Dummies Collection, 3-Book Bundle (Wiley, 978-1-119-02493-4, November 2014, US $22.99) includes the full length Portable Editions of Minecraft For Dummies, Minecraft Redstone For Dummies and Minecraft Recipes For Dummies books in a single compact bundle. Each book tackles a different aspect of Minecraft gameplay so readers can enhance their playing, crafting and building skills.
- Adventures in Minecraft(Wiley, 978-1-118-94691-6, November 2014, US $24.99), by David Whale and Martin O'Hanlon, is written especially for 11 to 15-year-olds and helps readers learn new programming skills while having fun with Minecraft. Using the programming skills learned from this book, writing Minecraft programs offers endless possibilities to create anything readers can imagine. The Adventures in Minecraft companion website supplies readers with a video for each adventure in the book, downloadable code files, helpful programming reference tables, a bonus adventure and badges to collect for Minecraft accomplishments.
- Minecraft For Dummies (Wiley, 978-1-118-96823-9, January 2015, US $24.99), by Jesse Stay, Thomas Stay and Jacob Cordeiro, is the complete guide to playing within the Minecraft world. With easy-to-follow guidance from a team of Minecraft experts, readers will develop programming and engineering skills as they build amazing creations using in-game blocks and mechanical devices.
Wiley’s Minecraft books are available for purchase online and at retailers nationwide in both print and all e-book formats.
Wiley is a global provider of content-enabled solutions that improve outcomes in research, education, and professional practice. Wiley’s Professional Development business creates products and services that help customers become more effective in the workplace and achieve career success. It brings to life the ideas and best practices of thought leaders in business, finance, accounting, workplace learning, management, leadership, technology, behavioral health, engineering/architecture, and education to serve these communities worldwide.
Founded in 1807, John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (NYSE: JWa, JWb), has been a valued source of information and understanding for more than 200 years, helping people around the world meet their needs and fulfill their aspirations. Wiley and its acquired companies have published the works of more than 450 Nobel laureates in all categories: Literature, Economics, Physiology or Medicine, Physics, Chemistry, and Peace. Wiley's global headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Canada, and Australia. The Company's website can be accessed at http://www.wiley.com.