We have had quite a year of growth and transition in our cybersecurity, healthcare IT, and non-IT practice,” said TISTA President Ahmed R. Ali. “Being recognized in this way by key players in the industry means a great deal."
Rockville, MD (PRWEB) October 26, 2014
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, a SDVOSB and 8(a) IT and engineering company, has won several recent awards that recognize small businesses and their achievements.
“We have had quite a year of growth and transition in our cybersecurity, healthcare IT, and non-IT practice,” said TISTA President Ahmed R. Ali. “Being recognized in this way by key players in the industry means a great deal to me personally and to the company as a whole.”
- TISTA was recognized as one of the winners of the Top 100 Minority Business Enterprise Awards, which honors minority and women-owned businesses in the mid-Atlantic region. More than 4,000 businesses from Pennsylvania, Delaware, Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia were nominated this year (http://www.top100mbe.com/).
- SmartCEO named TISTA to its Future 50 list, specifically as a fast-growing company. Winners will be honored in late January at an awards reception and will be profiled in the January/February issue of SmartCEO magazine. The Future 50 awards program chooses winners based on a three-year average of employee and revenue growth (http://www.smartceo.com/washington-future-50/).
- TISTA was ranked #1505 this year by the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies in America. TISTA has been on the Inc. 5000 list every year since 2011 (http://www.inc.com/profile/tista-science-and-technology).
- TISTA was named to the Washington Business Journal's 2014 list of the 50 Fastest Growing Companies in the Washington area (http://www.bizjournals.com/washington/event/97841).
- Leaders Portfolio named Ali Business Leader of the Year (51-plus employees in the DC region). The Leaders Portfolio awards program gives businesses and business leaders an opportunity to publicly state that they are committed to operating within a framework of leadership and ethics (http://www.leadersportfolio.com).
TISTA was recently awarded prime contracts at the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), U.S. Secret Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and the National Institutes of Health (NIH). “TISTA continues to display strong discipline in its core areas of expertise, has been successful at expanding its footprint in multiple federal agencies, and continues to receive accolades from existing customers for exceptional work,” said Lieutenant General Michael D. Maples (U.S. Army, Retired), a member of TISTA’s Board of Advisors.
With approximately 150-plus employees supporting more than a dozen agencies as a prime contractor, TISTA is growing to manage larger and more complex federal contracts. “TISTA has come a long way since I have been on the Board, and based on their current track record, strong executive leadership, and recent successes, I do anticipate the company’s growth to continue in the coming years,” said Rear Admiral Miles B. Wachendorf (U.S Navy, Retired), a member of TISTA’s Board of Advisors.
About TISTA Science and Technology Corporation
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation is a SDVOSB and 8(a) company that delivers information technology and professional services to federal, state, and local governments and commercial customers. Headquartered in Rockville, Md., TISTA holds numerous contracts, including the contract vehicles CIO-SP3, GSA IT Schedule 70, FAA eFAST, and SPAWAR Pillars. TISTA provides its customers expertise in program and project management, cybersecurity and information assurance, application development, operations and maintenance, communications, and systems integration. TISTA has earned its CMMI Maturity Level 3 rating and is also ISO 9001:2008 certified. Please visit us online: tistatech.com.