Reno Sparks MedSpa Partners with Susan G. Komen Foundation to Raise Funds for Breast Health Services During October

Share Article

Cosmetic and medical treatment spa is donating 5% of proceeds from cosmetic services to local breast cancer research and treatment efforts as part of Breast Cancer Awareness Month

News Image
Without modern technology and funding for these organizations, we wouldn't be able to cure these cancers.

Reno Sparks MedSpa, located in Reno, Nevada, is participating in a fundraiser for breast cancer research during Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October. Reno Sparks MedSpa's staff has partnered with the Susan G. Komen Foundation by pledging 5% of the month's proceeds for all cosmetic procedures to Susan G. Komen Northern Nevada.

Dr. Calvin Van Reken of Reno Sparks MedSpa said that this is the first time his office has partnered with the Susan G. Komen Foundation. He also mentioned that he and his staff are eager to raise awareness for breast cancer and fight the disease by funding research and local health services.

In addition to the office's fundraising efforts, which began Oct. 8 and will end on Nov. 8, Reno Sparks MedSpa recently purchased four brand new lasers. The laser treatments are used to remove tattoos, varicose veins, moles and acne scars in addition to providing skin tightening and other cosmetic treatments.

Reno Sparks MedSpa also offers medical treatments for patients who have been diagnosed with skin cancer. According to Dr. Van Reken, the services offered by Reno Sparks MedSpa see patients all the way from their diagnosis to post-treatment monitoring.

These treatments have personal significance for Dr. Van Reken, who has been in business for over 20 years and was voted to the Best Doctors in America® list in 2013 and 2014.

"I've had three immediate members of my family who have all been diagnosed with -- and survived -- cancer," Dr. Van Reken commented. "Without modern technology and funding for these organizations, we wouldn't be able to cure these cancers."

Dr. Van Reken and his staff are hoping that the surrounding Reno community will also help take part in this vital fundraising. "We already have great prices, services, and location," Dr. Van Reken said. "Now customers can come in, receive a great cosmetic service, and know that their money is going toward a good cause."

The Susan G. Komen Foundation is the premiere national breast cancer foundation solely dedicated to fighting this disease. Susan G. Komen Northern Nevada keeps 75% of net funds raised in the region to fund vital local breast health services and donates the remaining 25% to national research efforts.

Since 1992, Susan G. Komen Northern Nevada has invested more than $19 million into Northern Nevada through its annual community grants program to fund services that help Northern Nevada residents battling breast cancer.

About Reno Sparks MedSpa

Reno Sparks MedSpa helps clients with a wide range of skin related issues, helping to ensure a more youthful countenance. Their services include laser facelifts, Botox, laser skin resurfacing, Swedish massage, Juvederm and more. To learn more, visit http://www.renosparksmedspa.com.

Share article on social media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Dr. Calvin Van Reken, M.D.