Startel Secure Messaging Plus fills the gap by providing physicians and healthcare professionals with the ability to communicate in a secure manner, and we believe they will be quick to embrace it.
Irvine, CA (PRWEB) October 29, 2014
Startel Corporation, a leading provider of unified business communications for contact centers and telephone answering services, today announced the launch of Startel Secure Messaging Plus (SM+), its new secure messaging solution. As the latest addition to the company’s Messaging Services, SM+ offers several new and enhanced features to improve productivity, security and the user experience.
Accessible from the Web or an application downloaded to one’s smartphone or tablet, SM+ makes it easy for organizations of all sizes to exchange sensitive information in a HIPAA-compliant manner. All message content and attachments sent and received on smartphones/tablets using SM+ are encrypted. In addition, messages cannot be forwarded, copied, saved, and/or printed, preventing sensitive information from being passed on to individuals who should not have access to it. Key features of this release include:
- Expiring Messages: Messages can expire when marked as read or filed, or in a specified number of days. Messages without a defined expiration will expire within the originating subscriber’s default number of days, not to exceed 30 days.
- Attachment Support: Send and exchange voice recording, audio and image attachments securely.
- Remote Wipe Capability: If a device is lost or stolen, users can protect it by remotely erasing all of the SM+ app data stored on the device.
- Encrypted Messages: Using encryption technology, messages and attachments are encrypted on servers, devices and in transit.
- Easy Management: Administrators utilizing any standard browser can create accounts, manage subscribers and devices, set login identification credentials and reset passwords via a secure HTTPS Website.
“We at Startel are thrilled to deliver a secure texting solution to the healthcare marketplace that can be used in conjunction with Startel’s multi-channel contact center platform, or independently,” said Bill Lane, president and CEO of Startel. “With the rise of texting in the workplace, particularly among the healthcare community, and the increased concern for ensuring the security of EMR/EHR and protected health information, the need for a secure text messaging solution is greater than ever. Startel Secure Messaging Plus fills the gap by providing physicians and healthcare professionals with the ability to communicate in a secure manner, and we believe they will be quick to embrace it.”
Startel Secure Messaging Plus is available now as a stand-alone solution or can be integrated with the Startel Contact Management Center. The SM+ app is compatible with the latest versions of iOS® (iPad®, iPhone®, iTouch®), and will be available soon for Android® users. For more information, or to transition to Secure Messaging Plus, contact Startel Sales at sales(at)startel(dot)com.
About Startel Corporation
Startel is a leading provider of unified communications, business process automation, and performance management solutions and services. Since its founding in 1980, Startel has established a loyal customer base from a variety of industries, including contact centers, education, government, healthcare, insurance, telephone answering service and utilities. Startel leverages its unique solutions and industry knowledge and experience to empower organizations to improve agent productivity, reduce operating costs and increase revenues. For more information, contact Rachel Sauerbrey at 949.863.8776 or visit http://www.startel.com.