Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 29, 2014
Halloween is a time that children and adults alike can enjoy trick or treating, pumpkin picking and festive parties. It’s also a time that precautions need to be made to make sure that homes and the little ones are safe at all times. In light of this holiday, physician and author Dr. Sanjay Jain offers some tips from his website on how to make it a safer holiday.
1. Always leave porch lights on to welcome trick or treaters
2. Make sure an adult is keeping a watchful eye on the streets and walking them to discourage any cars that may be speeding through the neighborhood.
3. Keep a watchful eye for any suspicious behaviors or criminal activities.
4. Keep jack o lanterns with candles in them in an open area away from anything that may be flammable.
5. Keep pets away from the door so children aren’t frightened.
6. Make sure you set a time for children to be done trick or treating by.
7. If possible take children trick or treating indoors to large shopping malls, etc.
8. Have children stay in the neighborhood in which they live, so you have a general area of where they will be.
9. Always check the candy before children eat it and inspect what they were given.
10. Discourage children from walking in the streets and have them cross the street only in the cross walks.
For more information on this and related topics please visit Dr. Sanjay Jain’s website at http://www.sanjayjainmd.com/.
About Dr. Sanjay Jain:
Sanjay Jain, M.D. MBA is a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, accomplished medical doctor, health expert, life coach and inspirational keynote speaker who has dedicated his life to helping people find their purpose by achieving a meaningful life that they deeply cherish.
Sanjay Jain is U.S. trained and a board certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience. He holds certifications in Diagnostic Radiology, Integrative Medicine, and Healthcare Quality and Management. He is a graduate from the accelerated BS/MD program at The Northeast Ohio Medical University. He has diversified experience in the private practice, academic, and integrated multispecialty settings.
He was a former assistant professor at The Ohio State University where he also obtained his MBA at the Fisher School of Business. The combination of which has given him a unique voice and understanding of the many issues we face today in a real and practical sense.
Follow Sanjay on Twitter at @sanjayjainmd. His new book, Optimal Living 360: Smart Decision Making for a Balanced Life (Greenleaf) is available in stores now!