Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 29, 2014
Halloween can be a scary time for pets. In honor of this upcoming holiday this Friday, Physician and author Dr. Sanjay Jain has recently provided the following tips on his website to help make it a safer holiday for pets:
- Don’t dress up your pet for Halloween, unless they are actually ok with you doing so. If your pet isn’t used to being dressed up it can be quite a stressful event for your pet.
- Be careful where you place jack-o-lanterns with candles in them; it can be a hazard with an animal around if it has the potential to be knocked over.
- Don’t leave your pets outside on Halloween; it’s best for everyone to have them inside.
- Have your dog stay in a room different from the one trick or treaters will visit. Barking may scare the kids and the constant knocks at the door may scare the dog.
- Make sure your dog or cat doesn’t escape out an open door when opening it for the children.
- Walk your dog well before any trick or treating begins.
- Keep candy and candy wrappers away from areas that are easily accessible to pets. Some candy may make the animals sick.
- If you do dress up your animal make sure the outfit isn’t constricting in any way to the animal.
- Keep cords, wires and other electrical components away from animals and any animal reach.
For more information on this and related topics please visit Dr. Sanjay Jain’s website at http://www.sanjayjainmd.com/.
About Dr. Sanjay Jain:
Sanjay Jain, M.D. MBA is a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, accomplished medical doctor, health expert, life coach and inspirational keynote speaker who has dedicated his life to helping people find their purpose by achieving a meaningful life that they deeply cherish.
Sanjay Jain is U.S. trained and a board certified physician with over 15 years of clinical experience. He holds certifications in Diagnostic Radiology, Integrative Medicine, and Healthcare Quality and Management. He is a graduate from the accelerated BS/MD program at The Northeast Ohio Medical University. He has diversified experience in the private practice, academic, and integrated multispecialty settings.
He was a former assistant professor at The Ohio State University where he also obtained his MBA at the Fisher School of Business. The combination of which has given him a unique voice and understanding of the many issues we face today in a real and practical sense.
Follow Sanjay on Twitter at @sanjayjainmd. His new book, Optimal Living 360: Smart Decision Making for a Balanced Life (Greenleaf) is available in stores now!