CenterPoint Energy is first class all the way.I am excited to work with such a great group of people.
Beaumont, TX (PRWEB) October 30, 2014
Oxford City FC of Texas is proud to partner with one of the most respected energy suppliers in Texas. CenterPoint Energy works actively to make every community a great place to live, work, and play. Showing that commitment, they have become a sponsor of Beaumont's premier soccer franchise in Oxford City FC of Texas.
VP of Corporate Partnerships Andrew Bourdeaux said, "CenterPoint Energy is first class all the way. I am excited to work with such a great group of people."
CenterPoint Energy released a statement saying, "With a rich history spanning more than 100 years in Southeast Texas, CenterPoint Energy looks to continue its endeavor to “Operate, Serve, Grow” within the community. This strategy focuses on innovative progress, and allows our company to align with organizations that share the same values. Oxford City FC of Texas is entering our community with a similarly established history of respect and commitment. Thus, CenterPoint Energy is pleased to partner with the Oxford City FC of Texas for their professional indoor soccer team’s upcoming 2014-2015 season."
About Oxford City
Oxford City Football Club, Inc., a Florida corporation (the "Company", "Oxford City" or "OXFC"), is an international diversified holding company, which serves as the controlling owner of Oxford City Football Club (Trading) Limited, (the "Oxford City FC" or "Club") located in Oxford, England which owns the Oxford City Football Club and manages Oxford City Stadium, the Club's home stadium. The Club also manages Oxford City 3G Training Facility.
The Company owns five (5) professional sports teams that are currently active and the rights to two (2) other expansion teams.
1) Oxford City FC is a professional outdoor soccer team, which competes in the "Conference North" of the English Football Association under the name Oxford City Football Club. The team has been in existence for 132 years, being established in 1882. The Conference North, and its member clubs, are collectively able to compete for the prestigious English FA Cup, against some of the best English teams in the world for this championship trophy.
2) Oxford City Nomads is the Company's 2nd professional outdoor soccer team, which competes in the "Hellenic Premier League" of the English Football Association under the name Oxford City Nomads. The Hellenic Premier League, and its member clubs, are collectively able to compete for the prestigious English FA Vase, against some of the best English teams in the lower steps for this championship trophy.
3) Oxford City Futsal is the Company's 1st professional indoor soccer team, which competes in the "Hellenic Premier League" of the English Football Association under the name Oxford City Futsal. The Premier League, and its member clubs, are collectively able to compete for the prestigious English FA Cup for Futsal, against some the best English Futsal teams for this championship trophy.
4) Oxford City FC of Texas is the Company's 2nd professional indoor soccer team was purchased in July 2014 and competes in the "MASL" of the Major Arena Soccer League in the United States under the name Oxford City FC of Texas. The MASL and its member clubs are collectively able to compete for the prestigious MASL Cup, against the best American teams for this championship trophy.
5) Oxford City FC Basketball is the Company's professional basketball team, which competes in the "EBL" of the English Basketball League under the name Oxford City Basketball. The EBL and its member clubs are collectively able to compete for the prestigious EBL Championship, competing against the best English Basketball teams for this championship trophy.
The Company has reserved the rights to the home territories of Sioux Falls, South Dakota and Boca Raton/Delray Beach, Florida in the Major Arena Soccer League.
The Company owns and operates the Oxford City Broadcasting, which broadcasts Oxford City content online around the world. In the past, Oxford City Broadcasting has purchased airtime on 740AM in South Florida through Beasley Broadcasting to broadcast content on terrestrial radio. At this time, Oxford City Broadcasting plans to only broadcast online as the Company believes that the Internet is the best vehicle to reach listeners around the world.
The Company owns CIT University. CIT University has just completed the preparation of content for its first degree program, the Masters Degree in Sports Management. CIT University expects to partner with a regionally accredited institution to deliver the degree program globally online.
The Company is a Florida corporation incorporated on March 17, 1998. The Company's principal executive offices are located at 10 Fairway Drive, Suite 302, Deerfield Beach, FL 33441, and its telephone number is (866) 776-8674.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and section 21B of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. Readers are cautioned not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which are only predictions and only speak as of the date hereof. Forward-looking statements usually contain the words "estimate," "anticipate," "believe," "plan," "expect," or similar expressions and are subject to numerous known and unknown risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties could cause the Company's actual results to differ materially those indicated in the forward-looking statements. Investors are encouraged to carefully review regulatory filings prior to investment consideration. Past performance is no guarantee of future success or that there cannot be losses or business interruption. The Company is in a rapid growth sector that may or may not continue to grow in the future and therefore poses risks that may be different than other investments. Management regularly provides news and additional information believed to be true and accurate at the time of dissemination but has no requirement to modify, comment or change in the future should circumstance change or information prove to be inaccurate for any reason. Additionally, the Company makes every effort to comply with all applicable laws. The definitive agreement associated with this acquisition has not been signed and is subject to a shareholder vote.