When a world-class spa offers family spa programs and includes innovative and interactive teen spa options, it’s an obvious bonus for parents.
Tampa, Florida (PRWEB) October 31, 2014
Meeting an unspoken demand, world-class spas have become much more family friendly, offering unique family spa programs and experiences for children as young as six and have expanded teen spa options, often including access to a personal trainer. Adolescent options focus on not just on massage therapy and skin consultations but also learning about the science of healthy living. In artfully innovative ways, teens are invited to slow down and engage using touch, smell, sound, taste, and sight to de-stress, if only for a few hours.
“While many spa menu choices available online lack the essential details about the extent of teen spa options offered, speaking with a member of the spa’s staff will reveal the scope of creativity and dedication to supporting healthful choices for families and specifically teens,” says Nancy Nelson-Duac, Curator of the Good Stuff for theFamilyTravelFiles.com.
The general idea of family spa time is to practice living in the moment, attempting to achieve balance and harmony, resulting in relaxation and rejuvenation.
Seven resorts offer exceptional family spa programs, including the teen spa options as interactive elements:
1. Topnotch Resort and Spa in Stowe, Vermont - Peppermint pedicures and citrus scrubs.
2. Grand Velas Resort and Spa Riviera Nayarit - Water rituals and vanilla malt baths.
3. El Conquistador Resort and Spa in Fajardo, Puerto Rico – A tropical spa ritual and the Coconut Sugar Scrub.
4. Paradisus Resort and Spa in Cancun - Mother/daughter facials and father/son massages.
5. Windflower Spa at Hyatt Hill Country near San Antonio, Texas – “No Filter” teen facials.
6. Spa Grande at Grand Wailea Resort on Maui - Kokolea (chocolate) spa treatments.
7. Anara Spa at Grand Hyatt Kaua‘i Resort on Kaua‘i – Lomilomi, a traditional Hawai‘ian massage.
More suggestions for vacationing with teens may be viewed in the TravelPhases folder WIIFM – What’s In It For Me.
For the latest family travel news, follow The Family Travel Files on Twitter (@FamTravelFiles) straight from the homepage.
About theFamilyTravelFiles.com: Founded in 1998, theFamilyTravelFiles.com researches and posts family vacation idea, making it easier for parents or grandparents to plan great family vacations. The website specializes in destination and planning information, family travel advice, and family travel deals. The site features lifestyle folders each loaded with interesting family vacation ideas. Popular favorites include TravelPhases, Secret Places, All Inclusive, Reunions, SnowPlaces, and Away for the Holidays.