Growing demand for polymers is expected to result in increased utilization of refinery capacities which in turn is expected to drive catalyst demand.
San Francisco, California (PRWEB) October 30, 2014
Global catalyst market is expected to reach USD 27.59 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing demand for polymers is expected to result in increased utilization of refinery capacities which in turn is expected to drive catalyst demand. Favorable regulatory scenario for development of high yield, efficient and conservative manufacturing processes is also expected to enhance demand over the forecast period.
View full report with TOC at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/catalyst-market
Chemical synthesis was the most dominant application market; with catalyst demand exceeding 1,800 kilo tons in 2013, owing to growth in chemical production, particularly in Asia Pacific and Latin America. Environmental catalysis another key application market, accounting for over 29% of global catalyst demand in 2013 and is expected to witness fastest growth, at an estimated CAGR of 3.9% from 2014 to 2020; on account of growing preference towards the production of clean fuels and use of green technology in manufacturing process.
Request for a free sample of this report at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/catalyst-market/request
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- Global catalyst demand was 6,259.3 kilo tons in 2013 and is expected to reach 7,803.4 kilo tons by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 3.2% from 2014 to 2020.
- Chemical compounds were the largest consumed catalytic materials, accounting for over 40% of catalyst demand in 2013. In addition, these materials are also expected to witness fastest growth over the forecast period at an estimated CAGR of 3.4% from 2014 to 2020 on account of their lower cost in comparison to zeolites and metals.
- Heterogeneous catalysts were the dominant product segment in the market, with global demand exceeding 4,900 kilo tons in 2013 due to inherent advantages in comparison to homogenous catalysts.
- Asia Pacific was the largest regional market for catalysts, accounting for 33.50% of global demand in 2013. The region accounts for over 30% of global refining capacity and a significant chunk of polymer production.
- Key market participants include Zeolyst International Inc, W.R Grace & Co-Conn, UOP LLC, Johnson Matthey PLC, INEOS Group Limited, E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company, Evonik Industries AG, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Eka Chemicals AB, Clariant International Ltd, Chevron, BASF SE, Arkema Group, Albemarle Corporation and Air Products and Chemicals Incorporated.
Browse all reports of this category at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry/catalysts-and-enzymes
For the purpose of this study, Grand View Research has segmented the global catalyst market on the basis of application, product and region:
- Catalyst Product Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Heterogeneous Catalysts
• Homogenous Catalysts
- Catalyst Material Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Chemical Compound
- Catalyst Application Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• Petroleum Refining
• Chemical Synthesis
- Catalysts Regional Outlook (Volume, Kilo Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2012 - 2020)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
Browse all upcoming reports by Grand View Research at http://www.grandviewresearch.com/ongoing-reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare. For more information, visit http://www.grandviewresearch.com/
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Related reports by Grand View Research:
Activated Carbon Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/activated-carbon-market
The global market for activated carbon is expected to reach USD 5,305.0 million by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing activated carbon applications for mercury removal in coal-fired power plants, coupled with MATS regulatory standards set by the EPA and similar regulations by REACH is expected to drive activated carbon demand over the next six years.
Fluorochemicals Market Analysis And Segment Forecasts To 2020 - http://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fluorochemical-market
The global fluorochemicals market is expected to reach USD 24.99 billion by 2020, according to a new study by Grand View Research Inc. Positive demand outlook from key application markets such as refrigeration, HVAC, aluminum , steel and electronic consumables is expected to drive fluorochemical sales over the next six years.