Rockville, MD (PRWEB) November 03, 2014
MailerMailer has recently published its 2014 Email Marketing Metrics Report, the company announced this month. The report features insights about the state of the email marketing industry in 2013, and offers recommendations for marketers looking to improve the performance of their email campaigns. These observations are backed by numerous figures and statistics.
The report covers several significant issues in the email marketing industry. These include open rates, click rates, click-to-open rates, bounce rates, scheduling, subject lines, and personalization. Illustrative charts and graphics found throughout the report provide readers with simple, easy-to-read representations of the data.
In order to create its report, MailerMailer compiled information from more than 62,000 email newsletter campaigns and over 1 billion email messages sent between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2013. These campaigns and messages were from marketers in 34 industry groups.
Here are just some of the takeaways included in the report:
- Messages were primarily opened during the first half of the day, between 8 a.m. and 12 p.m.
- Messages scheduled for delivery in the late evening and nighttime hours performed the best in terms of open rates and click rates. Midnight in particular was an excellent time to send messages.
- Sunday experienced the highest click rates for both halves of 2013.
- Bounce rates were lower across the board.
- Mailing messages more frequently lowered the average bounce rate per send.
- Personalization of message content improved click rates.
- Personalization of message subject lines reduced open rates.
- Messages with subject lines of 4-15 characters yielded both the highest open rates and the highest click rates.
“The actionable findings in this report can help people looking to get more out of their email marketing strategies,” said MailerMailer CEO Raj Khera. “Using these findings to tailor their efforts can lead to improved campaign performance.”
The 2014 document is the 14th in a series of annual reports on email marketing metrics. The series has been recognized as a leading source of information about the industry.
Founded in 2001 by Raj Khera and Vick Khera, MailerMailer provides an award-winning email marketing service. MailerMailer's advanced system and user-friendly interface let clients create professional newsletters in a matter of minutes. Users can also keep track of their email marketing campaigns with an array of data analysis tools. A free trial of this service is available now at http://www.mailermailer.com.
MailerMailer also offers Presstacular, an email marketing tool through which clients have access to a library of technology articles. IT consulting companies can use this content in their newsletters and blogs.
Over the years, the company has earned several awards. These include, among others, the Apex Award for Publication Excellence, the Magnum Opus Special Recognition Award for Outstanding Achievement in Custom Media, and the International Academy of the Visual Arts's Communicator Award of Excellence.
For more information about MailerMailer, email marketing, or email newsletter campaigns, please contact:
Phone: 301-825-5658, extension 811